Saturday, August 28, 2010

STMC21-PWP Fall into Fall Card

Posting a little late in the day, but hey, it's still Saturday. At least in my neck of the woods (actually desert). So time for the Stampendous Saturday Sketch Challenge. This week is another rather loose challenge...using embossing powder. I did a simpler version of the Painting with Powder technique. I covered a black cardstock panel in Versamark ink and poured three colors of embossing powders from the "Carousel" kit from Stampendous, in random areas. (Tip: Be careful to do each color individually and pour off excess back into container immediately to avoid cross contamination of powders.) Heat the entire panel to melt, let cool, and wipe a small amount of talcum powder over surface to act as an anti-static medium. I prefer this over the pouches that you can purchase for two reasons: 1) It's cheaper! and 2) The pouches seem to scratch the surface of your shiny embossing powder. Then I inked and stamped the image over the surface and embossed with Bark powder. I wanted to show another use for the embossing powder, so I embossed the tops of my large brad fasteners as well. Just be careful to hold the base of the brad with pliers while heating or you will burn yourself. I know 'cuz I've done it! I wrapped some twine around the card and brads for interest, as well as using a piercing tool across the center and at the corner of the leaf panel. I love the houndstooth paper...so fall-like! I'm ready for fall. Tired of summer. Hope all of you take time to play along this week. Be sure to link to the Stampendous Impressions blog, and check out the rest of the dynamic design team as listed to the right.

Cling "Thankful Leaves" from Stampendous (CRM254)
"Carousel" embossing powder kit from Stampendous (EK08)
Bark embossing powder from Stampendous (EP505)
Versamark ink from Tsukineko
Bazzill and WorldWin Double-Mates cardstock
WeRMemory Keepers Boho Chic Whimsy Wild Paper
Graphic 45 Man About Town paper
large brad fasteners
twine
piercing tool
talcum powder

4 comments:

Martina's kaartjes said...

Pretty elegant card with automn colors !
Great job,
greetings, martina
x

Jennifer Dove said...

you are so clever! the whole thing turned out perfect!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Beautiful!!!! The embossing is fabulous. Wonderful card!
:) Rachel

Jamie Martin said...

Love it and great embossing technique.