Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dreamweaver You & Me Distressed

Today's post is a card that I designed for a predominately gray challenge. Gray has become the new black in the fashion industry over the last couple of years. I've noticed that if you watch a fashion trend, it will spread over to decor, and then into the crafting industry. In this card I used an interesting mottled gray background paper with a muted purple from Coredinations. I ran the one panel through the Big Shot with the Dreamweaver Stencils "Big Dots" background, and the punched heart through with the "You & Me" stencil. Then I sanded over the embossed surfaces and around the edges to distress and highlight. The "Heart Swirls" stencil I ran through the machine and just cut out. It embossed beautifully on this DCWV cardstock. I happened to have this funky key sitting around in one of my boxes of miscellaneous doodads (technical term), so I added it with the pretty purple and gray satin ribbons. I like the fact that the distressing and the mottled paper give this card an edge to it that keeps it from being too "pretty".
Pam

"Big Dots Background" from Dreamweaver Stencils (LJ804)
"Heart Swirls" from Dreamweaver Stencils (LL567)
"You & Me" from Dreamweaver Stencils (LS1004)
"Nostalgiques Attic Collection" paper from EK Success
DCWV gray cardstock
Coredinations purple cardstock
London Fog Memento ink from Tsukineko
sanding block
ribbon (Michaels)
jumpring, key
double-sided foam adhesive
Big Shot
heart punch from Marvy

2 comments:

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

I am always excited to see card designers use their stencils through the embossing machines. Great card Pam!

Anonymous said...

The kind of stuff I like to see, distressed, edgy and contemporary while still having a classic sense to it...cool stuff!