Friday, August 27, 2010

Bootiful Boots for the Girly Witch

Today's post is a fun card for the girly witch in all of us! The stamp is a new image from Stampendous and comes as a Cling set with the sentiment. I love the new Cling stamps...they are the best of both worlds. You have the visibility of the clear stamps combined with the precision of stamping with rubber. And bonus...they're easy to store! In the case of this card, I combined both flock and glitter. I applied a panel of Peel N' Stick to a black cardstock panel. I stamped the image on the top carrier of the PnS and scored through each area of the design one by one, peeling up the areas that I wanted flocked, or orange glittered, or black glittered. It's easy to get a feel for using your craft knife to cut just through that carrier layer to peel away and expose the adhesive layer beneath. The reason that I chose this method rather than just applying glue in the areas to be flocked or glittered, is that the Peel n' Stick provides a much cleaner coverage as well as a much denser coverage. Unfortunately, my photo doesn't show how great those purple flocked boots look against the glittery stockings. I cut the image out and raised up the outer leg with foam adhesive for dimension. I love the addition of the "webby" ribbon as well. Now, girls, you know you want those purple boots for Halloween!
Pam

Cling Bootiful Boots Set from Stampendous (CRS2041)
"Purple Pleaser" Fuzzy Fun Flock from Stampendous (FL818)
Black Ultra Fine Pearl Glitter from Stampendous (GM365U)
Tiger Lily Ultra Fine Pearl Glitter from Stampendous (GM355U)
Thermo-Web Peel N' Stick from Stampendous (FX70)
Onyx Versafine ink from Tsukineko
Ribbons from Creative Impressions

1 comment:

Melinda Gleissner said...

I love this card. Thanks for the explanation of how you glittered & flocked. You make it look so easy.