Sunday, August 22, 2010

STMC20-Back 2 School Bot

For this week's Stampendous Saturday Sketch Challenge, our "Gingerbread Gal" Rachel, inspired us with a darling "Back-to-School" card. Since it has been a loooooong time since I have had a child going back to school, this was a real challenge for me. This is where I look at everything I have and ask myself, "How can I repurpose this to fit the need?" I did happen to have a Back-to-School stamp with my set of Holiday Words originally intended to go with the Chick Family from years ago. I had purchased the Hot Botz set recently, but hadn't had time to play with it yet. Just this week I had received the Travel Words set. So, away I went! Using this darling argyle paper as my jumping off point, I stamped the various parts of my bot and embossed in chocolate EP, cut them out and adhered them to the card. I popped some of the parts up to give more dimension to the card. I used the oval "Adventure" word from the travel set as a skateboard and added grommets for the wheels. I used the suitcase as a lunchbox. Since every kid has to have a themed lunchbox, mine was a Changito one! I added the baseball-style cap from one of the Chick sets, and free-hand drew the apple (he was supposed to bring it to the teacher, but he ate it on the way to school!). I added the entry date so that the card could become a memento of this child's school year. I had a lot of fun designing this card, mainly because I had to re-purpose what I had. Take a look at what you have and ask yourself, "How else could I use this besides in the obvious way?" Be sure to check out the rest of the teams creations, post your own, and link to the Stampendous Impressions blogsite. You could end up winning a new toy from Stampendous! Happy stamping!
Pam

Perfectly Clear "Hot Botz" from Stampendous (SSC1031)
Perfectly Clear "Travel Words" from Stampendous (SSC164)
Perfectly Clear "Chick Family" from Stampendous (SSC215)
Perfectly Clear "Holiday Words" from Stampendous (SSC216)
Perfectly Clear "Changito in Space" from Stampendous (SSC1029)
Chocolate (EP117) and White (EP100) embossing powders from Stampendous
Frost White ColorBox, Brown Versacolor, and Cocoa Brown Memento inks
Bazzill cardstock
WeRMemory Keepers Urban Window "Woolen Stocking" paper
grommets, rick rack
double-sided foam adhesive

2 comments:

Scrappychick said...

totally adorable! Hes my kind of bot!! Love how you combined ALL those sets :)

Melinda Gleissner said...

I am always amazed at your creativity! This is a great card:-)