Saturday, August 7, 2010

STMC18-Stampendous Sticker Technique Card

It's the most wonderful time of the week...Stampendous Saturday Sketch Challenge day! Our challenge this week is using stickers, and for me, that means Class A' Peel stickers. For this card, (yes it's another Christmas card), I wanted to showcase these great stickers in various ways. For the tiles, I used the Stampendous Sticker Background Technique. I placed PeelnStick on two squares of cardstock. I cut the same size square of the CAP's while still on the carrier. I sponged some ink over the surface to tone down a bit of the shine, removed the positive image of the sticker and placed on one of the PeelnStick squares and filled the blank sticky spaces in with flock. Then I used the reverse image left on the carrier, applied it using the tape technique* to the opposite PeelnStick square, and filled in the empty sticky spaces with glitter. Then I cut each square into four tiles and mounted two of each on metallic gold panels for two cards. I added the sentiment at the bottom of the gold panels along with a few stars from that set of stickers. For a few of these stickers I covered the sticky back in flock or glitter and adhered them to the card with double-sided foam adhesive. I used strips of Terrifically Tacky Tape across the card front and covered in glitter and flock as well.
Remember to check the rest of the team's creations on their blogs, as well as the Stampendous Impressions blogsite as well. That's where you'll find the guidelines to help you play along and possibly win some cool prizes!
Pam

*Tape technique: Place overlapping strips of removable tape over remaining reverse images on Class A' Peel carrier sheet. Burnish well, carefully lift (you might need the tip of a craft knife to guide some of the stubborn pieces), and place entire section down onto surface before removing tape.

Class A' Peels "Leafy Swirls" from Stampendous (AC1032)
Class A' Peels "Star Greetings" from Stampendous (AC945)
"Field and Forest" Combo Pack from Stampendous (CK05)
PeelnStick (FX70)
Artprint Brown Memories ink
Black StazOn ink from Tsukineko
Bazzill cardstock
metallic gold cardstock
Terrifically Tacky Tape
double-sided foam adhesive
ribbon (Michaels)

1 comment:

wendyp said...

LOL! I used the same stickers and glitter! I just loved that delicate gold with the moss green!

Fabulous sample! love how you used both the positive and the negative of the stickers!