Saturday, August 14, 2010

STMC19-Safe to Go in the Pail

Week 19 of the Stampendous Saturday Sketch challenges, and it's my turn once again. This week it's "fill 'er up" week. Create and/or decorate a container using stamps, etc. Be sure to post your design with the code attached and link to the Stampendous blogsite so you don't miss out on the opportunity of some great prizes!
My creation uses Changito swimming with the sharks (kind of hard to tell from the picture). I stamped him using StazOn ink on a strip of acetate. I stamped him again on white cardstock and colored him using Copic markers, cut him out and adhered him to the back of the acetate. I placed a second strip of acetate behind the first to protect the coloring from the gummy sharks, and protect the gummy sharks from the ink. I recreated his cute inner-tube using Nestie dies, and framed an additional Changito face for the lid. The "waves" around the pail are Curly-Q's Class A' Peel stickers from Stampendous.
I thought this was a perfect way to celebrate those last pool and beach parties of the summer. Hope it's been a great one for all of you! Don't forget to check out the great renditions done by our Stupendous Stampendous Design Team!
Pam

Cling "Changito Pool Guy" from Stampendous (CRF190)
Class A' Peel "Curly-Q's" from Stampendous (AC710)
Tuxedo Black Memento ink from Tsukineko
Black StazOn ink from Tsukineko
Copic Sketch Markers from Imagination Int.
Mini Pail from Stampendous (MINI)
Thermo Acetate from Stampendous (PC75)
yellow, green, turquoise, white cardstock
ribbon
Nestabilities Classic Circles from Spellbinders
double-sided foam adhesive
1/4" and 3/4" circle punches

3 comments:

wendyp said...

Fabulous!!! Pam, your Copic coloring is AWESOME! Love that you posted the colors you used because I now have about 10 more markers added to my must-have list. Copics sure are addictive! LOL!

Scrappychick said...

Oh, he is such a doll! Sorry I am so behind on my commenting,you are never forgotten! And your sweet daily comments always make me smile!! Great pail :)

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Pam, Your cards are so colorful...I feel you are a kindred spirit when I see your creations!