Saturday, May 29, 2010

STMC8-Recycling


It's hard to believe that we are already in our 8th week with the Stampendous Saturday Sketch Challenges! This is once again my week for the fun and my challenge for all of you is...recycling! Yeah, I know, it's once again one of the big buzzwords with everyone going "green", but in this case it's more of a selfish thing. I love finding things in everyday life that could be used on a card, or page, or an altered something-or-other, etc. I've been doing it for years, just ask my kids. So break out some of those cool things and play along! The sketch I've posted here is only a suggestion for layout, the main idea is to add recycled objects. (Suggestions: corrugated coffee cup sleeves, labels, tags, paint chips, plastic from clamshell packaging, wrapping paper, etc.) Remember as you play along, to post your creation on one of the online sites using the code "STMC8", with a link to the Stampendous Impressions blog. You have a great opportunity to win one of two amazing prizes! Looking for more inspiration? Check out the blog sites of the rest of the Stampendous design team.
Have a wonderful, relaxing Memorial Day weekend! To all those veterans and their families...thank you.
Pam

1) In this one I stamped various Sassy girls across a Vogue magazine subscription card (you know...those annoying things that fall out of magazines as you are trying to read!) I liked the design and colors that they used. At the top of the card I placed a panel of Peel N' Stick and applied a used dryer sheet to it, rubbed it into the adhesive really well so that the color would still show through, and sprinkled with glitter. On the side I added a pinback that had fallen off something and tied scraps of ribbon through the little holes. I embellished the whole thing with a flower button I had sitting around. The sentiment and ribbons partially cover up the strip so that you get the point of Vogue without screaming "VOGUE".

Sassy Silhouette Girls: "Sassy City" (J152), "Sassy Mom" (J156), "Sassy Celebration" (J158), "Sassy Surf" (J160), "Sassy Bridesmaid" (J163), "Sassy Cowgirl" (J161), and "Sassy Friends" (J153) from Stampendous
Perfectly Clear "Butterfly Beauties" from Stampendous (SSC195)
Perfectly clear "Proud Peacock" from Stampendous (SSC1076)
Ultra Fine Lavender Pastel Glitter from Stampendous (GM705U)
Peel N' Stick from Stampendous (FX70)
Black StazOn ink from Tsukineko
Bazzill and DCWV cardstock
used dryer sheet, magazine subscriptions card, pinback, ribbon scraps, button


2) This one I used the tear strip from a bag of cat food and the ruffle at the bottom is from the wrapper of a Lindt truffle (I sacrificed myself for the good of the card! What a hardship! lol) The rest is the "Blooms & Swirls" set with buttons attached. Added the "Blossom Chain" along the tear strip.

Perfectly Clear "Flower Swirls" from Stampendous (SSC668)
Class A' Peel "Blossom Chain" from Stampendous (AC711S)
White embossing powder from Stampendous (EP100)

Bazzill cardstock
Frost White ColorBox ink from Clearsnap
double-sided foam adhesive
Lindt Truffle wrapper, cat food bag tear off, buttons, ribbon scraps


1 comment:

Far North said...

So glad you are including recycling as part of the challenge I love repurposing everything I possible can!