Saturday, October 1, 2011

Stampendous October Challenge Goes CAS!


 Today marks the second of the Monthly Stampendous Saturday challenges, and our challenge this month is to create CAS (clean and simple) holiday cards. The type that you will want to make multiples of without tearing your hair out. I'd say this little pail of mini gift cards definitely suit the challenge. I featured the Stampendous Perfectly Clear Snowy Short Stacks for these. This is the fun set that I used for THIS post previously, in which I said that they remind me of those childrens books and toys where the head, body, and feet are all separate, so you could switch them up. However, for these cards I stuck with fairly normal...the elf has elf shoes, the reindeer has hooves, etc. I simply stamped them in black ink. No coloring involved. A strip of cute Pinecone Press Plaid paper across the center, a tiny message attached with snowflake brad fasteners, and my signature pompoms of course! All of these tuck into a Stampendous pail, trimmed with matching paper. The little Matroyshka doll was stamped and paper pieced in plaid and swings from the handle along with the sentiment. These would make a great gift for someone before the holidays, or a batch made for gift tags, or they could easily be created in a larger format for a CAS holiday card mailing spree! Here is the list of the design team players for this month, so go visit and leave some love:


 Okay, you know the drill...so get creating your own CAS holiday cards, post them either to your blog or online sites (or all!), and link on the Stampendous Impressions! blog! There are prizes to be won at the end of the month! To find out who won the challenge for September, the announcement will have been made on the Stampendous Impressions! blog. Maybe it was YOU! There were some seriously creative submissions!


5 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

ACK...what an adorable card gift set. I never thought about using that cute acrylic bucket in such a clever way. Awesome project for the challenge!

Melinda Gleissner said...

Very cute set Pam! I love the fuzzy pompoms with the plaid...I have to ask though...do they remind you a little of the promo with Ashton Kutcher for Two and a Half Men? :-)

Wendy said...

Super cute Pam!! I love what you do with those pails!!! I hope your having a great day!!!

Laura Davis said...

This is soooo CUTE!
hugs
Laura

Suzanne C said...

These are adorable! Such a clever idea to use the strip of paper! Cute set!