Thursday, October 27, 2011
This week the Dream Team is playing with a sketch created by Kim as seen at left. Since I have been coming down with some type of lovely flu, I decided to keep my version really simple. The three back panels were run through the Big Shot, with the Snowflakes Background and the Snowsplatter, doing the ink transfer technique of spritzing the ink on the stencil, placing the cardstock panel on top, followed by the embossing mat and two platens. I created a "witches brew" of ink to spritz...mixing the brand new, fabulous, Color Solutions alcohol inks from Dreamweaver Stencils, with some of the Thinner solution, and some of the Iridescent Memories Mists inks in one of those handy-dandy Mini Misters from Ranger. The combo created a beautiful, shimmery, aqua color...love, love, love. I used some glitter paper for the back panel as well as the mat around the focal point square...the Crystal Snowflake. For this, I embossed it in the machine, and then spray-stenciled the snowflake. I added a sweet sentiment from Lizzie Anne Designs (Gourmet Rubber Stamps) from their new "Season's Greetings" set, and some baker's twine and aqua rhinestones. I'm curious to see what the rest of the team has created this week with Kim's sketch, as well as Kim, herself! Come on...let's go take a look. Have some fun yourself, and link it to the Mr. Linky on the Dream It Up! blog. Feeling particularly creative? Get ready for some big news regarding a new design team call for Dreamweaver Stencils!
- ► 2012 (173)
- Gourmet Rubber Stamps Halloween Hop
- Last Call for the CAS Holiday Challenge!
- Got Leaves?
- And the Winner is...
- Dreamweaver Stencils' Sketch #11-With a "Cool" Tec...
- A Gourmet Rubber Stamps New Release!
- Feeling Confused?
- Caught in My Web! Haunty Halloween Hop
- Slightly Clean and Simple Holiday Card
- I'm Nuts and Bolts About My Son!
- Quoth the Raven, "Dream Some More"! (Apologies to ...
- Stampendous Sneak Peek Plus HYCCT1104
- HYCCT1116-Pink Ribbon With a Stampendous Peek
- Another CAS for the Stampendous October Challenge
- SC354 Sketch Challenge Falling into Nature
- I'm Dreaming of a Pink and Black Christmas!
- CAS139 Simple Fall Card...Simple Fall Gift
- CAS138 Keeping It Simple with Dreamweaver Stencils...
- HERE FOR THE XANDER POST AND AUCTION?
- Stampendous CAS Challenge...Oh, Joy!
- A BUSY DAY FOR THE PAMPERED STAMPER!
- FROM THE XANDER ZONE BLOG HOP AND AUCTION!
- A TIME OF THANKSgiving!
- Gourmet Rubber Stamps and a Gourmet Gift!
- Stampendous October Challenge Goes CAS!
- ▼ October (25)
- ► 2010 (169)