Thursday, October 6, 2011

A TIME OF THANKSgiving!


 For those of my Canadian followers...Happy Thanksgiving! For those of my US followers...you have a month and a half to get your Thanksgiving cards created! LOL. This Dreamweaver Stenciled card is a quick and easy one to create multiples of. A paprika colored card and three java panels quickly create the background for this card. Using various shades of warm color Memento inks (Tangelo, Rhubarb, Potter's Clay, Bamboo Leaves), I stenciled the Maple Branch leaves individually by continually moving the stencil to overlap and achieve the look of falling leaves. Then I stenciled the Thank You sentiment over the top. A little distressing around all the edges, and a double bow of twine complete this card. Easy peasy! Since the fall is a time for expressing thanks, I'd like to thank those of you who regularly follow my blog and leave your kind thoughts. Please show your appreciation for the rest of the Dream Team by checking out their blogs this week as well, and the Dream It Up! blog where you can link your own thankful creations this week.

6 comments:

sommrstamping said...

Ok I'll leave you some love. This card is really beautiful soft color,elegant and simple just the way I like it.

Liz Martin said...

Leaving love and thanks for the "Ah Ha" moment - a great way to use all those small pieces of paper I've been saving. And the falling leaves are a perfect background for the sentiment. Perfect fall card.

Anonymous said...

Nice card Pam, my kind too; quick and good looking.

SherylH said...

Love the softness of the scattered stencilled leaves.

Louise said...

So pretty, that Japanese Maple stencil is wonderful. Thank YOU for another quick and easy idea!

Wendy said...

Beautiful Pam!!! What a fabulous idea. Great color choices also!