Thursday, October 13, 2011

SC354 Sketch Challenge Falling into Nature

 If you are here for the Dreamweaver Stencils' Colorway challenge this week, click HERE or scroll through this post. This post features a card that I did for the Split Coast Stampers sketch challenge #354 based on this sketch at left. I've been having fun with this Four Seasons stencil from Dreamweaver Stencils lately, so chose to "sludge" paste just the fall image of the stencil. "Sludge" pasting means to use a slight mix of various colors...in this case red, orange, and yellow embossing pastes from Dreamweaver. I placed a small amount of each in a little disposable plastic cup, and stirred the colors together a little before spreading the paste over the stencil. I had only mixed about one tablespoon of the paste mix, but was still able to stencil about four panels with this technique. When the paste was dry, it was layered on the card over Bazzill Dotted Swiss kraft and smooth kraft cardstocks, plus this perfect for fall paper from Reminisce. I used my favorite new edger punch from EK on the dotted band across the card. The sentiment is a wonderful one from Lizzie Anne Designs, which is now a line featured at Gourmet Rubber Stamps. I really loved this sketch design, and was quite pleased with the end result. Think I just may have to create another card with this sketch...how about joining me?


1 comment:

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

This is a beautiful card Pam, just lovely! I like the background paper you have too...very upbeat.