Check out the sketch challenge Kim gave us at Dreamweaver Stencils Dream Scheme Thursday this week! As soon as I saw it, I knew exactly which stencil I wanted to work with...the LJ875 Four Seasons. Probably a little obvious since all four panels on the stencil are in four panels. I used the Glossy White paste to emboss the entire stencil on white cardstock. When dry (takes approximately 45 minutes, unless you lay it on top of a warm toaster oven or pancake griddle), I cut it into the four panels. Each panel was then run through my hot laminator machine with a different color of Dreamweaver Stencils' foil...gold, green, copper, and blue. No adhesive necessary, the heat enables the foil to adhere to the embossing paste. The end result is gorgeous, professional-looking foiling with a raised emboss. The sketch called for something along the fold edge, so I added a border of black argyle using my new EK edger, and a matted square of the same for that center piece of the sketch. I didn't want to place anything in the center that would detract from the gorgeous seasonal trees. I knew that I would love how these trees would turn out. Now I can hardly wait to create with them again! Want to play along with me and the rest of the Dream Team? Just hop around to see the team posts (listed at right), as well as the Dream It Up! blog, then link your own creation to Mr. Linky.
Thursday, September 29, 2011
- ► 2012 (173)
- Sketch Challenge #10 with Dreamweaver Stencils
- SCS351 Maple Branch Triptych
- Stampendous Saturday Goes Merry and Bright!
- Something New is Brewing
- Happy Fall Y'All!
- Another Challenge with SCS...in Color!
- Keeping it Clean...and Simple!
- These Boots are Made for Sparkling!
- Stampendous Saturday Goes Fun and Freaky
- OH HAPPY DAY...WITH A CHERRY ON TOP!
- Lime and Gray Colorway and a Bonus
- Playing Along with Split Coast Stampers CAS135
- Stampendous Saturday and Challenge Reminder!
- A HOLIDAY CARD NO ONE CAN RESIST!
- HOP ACROSS THE POND AND BACK...WINNERS!!!!
- GOT CHALLENGES? STAMPENDOUS DOES!
- Hop Across the "Pond" and Back with Dreamweaver St...
- Hop Across the Pond and Back with Dreamweaver Sten...
- A Stampendous Blog Candy Reminder!
- ▼ September (19)
- ► 2010 (169)