Sunday, October 9, 2011

CAS138 Keeping It Simple with Dreamweaver Stencils

 If you are here for the Stampendous Saturday post, click HERE. If you are here for the "From the Xander Zone Hop and Auction", click HERE. If you are here for the CAS138 challenge from Split Coast Stampers, you are in the right place. My version of the sketch uses Dreamweaver Stencils' Dragonfly, which was simply paste embossed in black on black cardstock. When dry, it was re-pasted in Crackle paste. When dry once again, the stencil was placed over the pasted image and Metallic F/X powders were brushed over the surface. A corrugated strip of copper cardstock, edge-punched at the end and a sentiment Class A' Peel sticker finish this clean and simple look. I think I'm finally starting to get the hand of this! LOL!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I love this. Great job with the crackle paste!! I have that stencil brand new on my desk. Haven't used it yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

You're right this is "keeping it simple". Love the complementary color scheme as well!