Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Wearable Art with Woodware and Nathalie Kalbach for Stampendous


The Woodware team have been challenged this week with "Wearable Art", so I'm posting my artsy t-shirt featuring Dreamweaver stencils and Nathalie Kalbach cling stamps by Stampendous. I had this bright pink t-shirt which I had created an ombré effect by dipping in a darker pink dye gradually. I let it dry completely, and washed it in cold water with salt added to set the dye.


My focal panel on the front is a piece of muslin fabric, which I've dyed with Dreamweaver Color Solutions Alcohol Inks in Cosmo Pink and Sugarplum. Using Clearsnap's Crafter's Ink in black, I sponged the ink through the template/stencil that comes in the package with Nathalie's Fiesta Cling set. While the stencil was still in place, I inked some of the stamps and added their design to the profiles, and around the edges of this panel/patch. Using a heat-setting tool, I adhered rhinestones for some sparkle.


I used the Dreamweaver I-Beam stencil with the black ink on the bottom and shoulders of the shirt.


I added more designs on the sleeve along with heat set rhinestones and a rolled hem.


More stamped images from Nathalie's "Marks" set, along with the Dreamweaver Floral with Dots stencil. Some black re-inker was spattered across the shirt before sewing the patch on and adding a black pompom trim. More rhinestones were added randomly over the shirt.

1 comment:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

This is really cool- I love this grungy shirt- I would wear it in a heartbeat!!! What a fun idea to use the Fiesta Set and MarkMaker set for wearable art!