Thursday, July 4, 2013

Dreamweaver Stencils: Summertime, Sparklers, and S'more!

Happy 4th of July to all of my friends in the USA! What a perfect day to begin our new monthly challenge, "Summertime, Sparklers, and S'more"! That pretty much sizes up all things summer in the USA, and most likely in your neck of the woods as well. Who doesn't love summer vacations, celebrations, and all the yummy treats of summer? Speaking of celebrations...don't forget to check the Dream It Up! blog to find out if YOU were one of the two winners from our hop with Ranger Stickles Dry Glitter last week!

In honor of the 4th, I  created this really simple card using the Open Heart stencil for a template, and of course, the Stars stencil and the Stripes stencil. I created my stripes by using Memories Mists Strawberry Daiquiri (mmm, doesn't that sound dee-lish?) sprayed through the stencil onto white cardstock. The star was done in the opposite way. I sprayed the stencil itself with Blueberry Milkshake MM, and placed a scrap of Bazzill White Dotted Swiss cardstock on top to transfer the ink. I love how the embossed dots broke up the color in the background! I traced the heart stencil over the portions of my sprayed panels and cut out and layer on kraft cardstock, along with scraps of the stripes, and a panel with the sentiment. For an even more celebratory feel, I added a "sparkler" created with a toothpick, shiny pompom, and rhinestones.

Our team "A" will have a summer celebration of their own going on, along with our Guest Designer for the month of July, Wendy Price! Check them all out here:

 

7 comments:

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Pam - A clever way to use the open heart stencil with other stencils. Great card my dear.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Love the dotted Swiss paper and all the details in this card that you have added. That striped stencil is great for the holiday...happy fourth!

wendyp said...

I have to remember that sparkler idea!!! Fabulous card, Pam!

Louise said...

Such a creative use of the stripes stencil and I love how the star turned out! But the perfect touch is that cute sparkler! Hope you had a happy fourth!

Lea said...

Squeal!!! Pammie Sue, I love your sparkler! So cute!! I think I need that Stripe Stencil, too! Just awesome!

Caroline D. said...

This is a wonderful Patriotic card!! I've got to get the open heart since you showed how versatile it is. Love your fun embellies too!

~Heidi~ said...

I love the plaid stencil used as the stripes of the flag. Very cute card!