Thursday, March 28, 2013

Dreamweaver: A Change of Bloomin' Plans

My original intention for this final week of our "Bloomin' Spring" challenge, was to post completed pictures of a larger project that I started working on this week. Those of you who follow Dreamweaver on Facebook (and LIKE us...you really LIKE us!), have seen a few behind-the-scenes pics (including the one at left) of this process. However, it's taking a bit longer than I expected. For some reason LIFE keeps interrupting my creative time. Geesh! What's with that?

So, I decided to show off a pretty card that I had done with the same Nouveau Wisteria stencil about a year ago, just to show the dramatic difference you can achieve with every Dreamweaver stencil and technique! Now I haven't finished deciding on the final steps of this vase, so I'd appreciate any and all suggestions either in your comments on this post, or on the Dreamweaver Stencil's Facebook page.

I can pretty much guarantee that the end result will be nothing like this card in color or technique. This card was created using various Dreamweaver Memories Mists (Mango Lemonade, Strawberry Daiquiri, Blue Lagoon, Teal, and Green), including the background which was letterpressed with an ink-misted Cathedral Window design. Some wonderful May Arts ribbons and trims were the perfect finishing touch...as always!

Be sure to visit the rest of our team in their final hurrah as the 2012 team. Our 2013 team will begin posting next week, so be sure to come back and bolster their egos with lots of ooohs and aaaahs!

Cherylynn Moser (posting late on 3/28/13)



9 comments:

Louise said...

OMG!...and I NEVER use that phrase! but both the card and the vase are wonderful! I LOVE that black and green look, so crisp and clean. How about more pasting by adding LJ807 Angles around the bottom edge to look like a lattice fence and give added weight to the base. I know whatever you do will be gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Fun fun fun! Great colors all around and it fun following on FB.

Cherylynn said...

I love this card. The colors just pop. And I so cannot wait to see your finished vase. I am loving what I've seen so far.

Scrappychick said...

Still love this! Gorgeous card and fabulous colors!

Scrappychick said...

Still love this card! Gorgeous colors!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

This card is soooo colorful ...I absolutely love the color combo! Great technique and rendering of the tech. as well Pam!

Caroline D. said...

Gorgeous card!! The vase looks fantastic too and can't wait to see the final result!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card!

Alison said...

You know I am totally digging the vase so far, and I know it will be stunning when it's done. But that card....ooh, that card! What delicious colors! And I am so loving that stencil. I have a soft spot for wisteria, and that stencil is such a cool version of it. Amazing job! You are so inspiring!