Thursday, October 11, 2012

Festive Flames for Fall

The Dream Team are going "Festively Fall" this month, with so many fun ideas to put you in the fall holiday mood...be it Halloween, Thanksgiving, or the joy of cool, crisp weather once again!

My post today features another one of my fun little "lanterns", created using one of the small clear pails sold in most craft stores. Using the Dreamweaver Color Solutions drop by drop, I applied various fall shades (Paprika, Aspen Leaf, Pumpkin, and Creme Brulee) of the alcohol inks over a strip of acetate. The result is gorgeous transparent color. When dry, I paste-embossed the trees from the Four Seasons stencil with Matte Black paste across the opposite side of the acetate strip. Once dry, I rolled it slightly and inserted it into the pail. I also paste-embossed the fall tree on a black cardstock circle with a mist of orange, red, and yellow embossing pastes. Just a smidge from each color mixed slightly in a dosing cup was the perfect compliment to the pail. A small, flameless tealite, a punched border, and gorgeous May Arts ribbon were the finishing touches.

Be sure to play along with the team this month! Break out your fall-inspired designs, and link to the Dream It Up! blog, or email pics to lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com for an opportunity to win a fabulous stencil design! Meanwhile, check out the rest of the team here:

10 comments:

Liz Martin said...

Great idea, Pam! I love the richness of alcohol inks on acetate, but this raises it to a whole new level. Plastic pails are now on the shopping list!

Laura Drahozal said...

Leave it to Pam to blow me away! Gorgeous--and a fantastic idea!

Cherylynn said...

Okay, once again, you topped me. I was happy with my candle project until I saw your pail. Truly awesome!

Jennifer Dove said...

THUD!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Really wonderful Pammie!!! I want to do some of these for Holloween...do you think I have time?

Louise said...

What a great project! The colors are fabulous, both on the acetate and on the cover! Great gift idea for Thanksgiving hostess gift, I'll have to steal it!

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! What a great, creative project. Those fall colors are so rich...Nicely done.

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Your lantern is absolutely stunning! Beautiful background and I looooove the trees!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

What a great idea. Thank you for sharing with us.

Jamie Martin said...

This is a fabulous idea! I just might have to case this :)