Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Woodware UK Sketch 12 Flies High




I love a challenge, and this month's sketch challenge #12 (at left) for Woodware UK is no exception...although I fudged on it just a bit. I know the center long panel was supposed to be more slender than the top focal point, but I really loved this bright, happy polka dot with the clouds, so I did it my way.

I really love this cute clear set called "Patch a Flight",  designed by Francoise Read for Woodware UK. She has done several designs with the cute stitched and patched look...fun for coloring, but super fun for paper-piecing. Especially if you have really great papers like this line of double-sided London Designer Paper.

To highlight my patched balloon, I popped it up with dimensional mounting squares. To slightly ground the balloon, I added a swish of knotted organza ribbon, which probably would have been more appropriate on a kite, but...artistic license and all that. Lol.
 
 I love the idea of being able to add the sentiments in the clouds, but beyond the "up, up, and away" that I'd added in the background panel, I still felt the need for a more emphasized sentiment. Therefore, I used the one flattened cloud to pop up with the "special day" greeting.

Come play along with the Woodware UK team this month for an opportunity to win something fabulous! For more inspiration, head over to the Woodware UK blog each day this week for more designer wows.


No comments: