Dream Schemes Team was challenged to a teal and yellow colorway by our own Kristi. I chose to play with the Hot Air Balloon stencil which had been calling to me for awhile now. First I stenciled Versamark ink through the image twice over the teal cardstock and embossed with pastel yellow embossing powder. Then I paste-embossed the image once and set it aside to dry. Meanwhile, I covered a strip of cardstock with double-sided adhesive, rubbed soap over the back of the stencil (preventing the stencil from being stuck permanently), and glittered the portion of Bird Words stencil that I wanted to use with teal glitter. After I removed the stencil, I filled in the rest of the strip with pastel yellow glitter. By now the paste-embossed piece was dry, so I was able to place the stencil back over the surface. Using a large dauber, I applied Palette Glue over the surface in sections and covered these in the teal and yellow glitters, respectively. I think this card would be great for anyone taking the next step in their lives...a graduate, new employee, or even a retiree! Now is your opportunity to play along. Pull out your teal and yellow crafty goodness, and link your creation to Mr. Linky on the Dream It Up! blog. For some incredible inspiration, visit the blogs of the rest of the team as listed at right.
LL3003 Hot Air Balloon
LG734 Bird Words
DEP Embossing Paste
MPDS Double-sided Mounting Paper
DPK Palette Knife
KD02http://www.stencilwithstyle.com/access1.htm Jumbo Dauber
GSP Palette Glue Pad
DHHS Hawaiian Soap
Pastel Yellow Embossing Powder
Pastel Yellow Ultra Fine Glitter
Ocean Spray Ultra fine Glitter
Bazzill and Coredinations cardstock
Thursday, April 7, 2011
- ► 2015 (136)
- ► 2014 (149)
- ► 2013 (127)
- ► 2012 (173)
- Dreamweaver Stencils' New Releases and a Free Week...
- I Love Stampendous Dragonflies!
- New Releases from Dreamweaver Stencils!
- Celebrate with a Jumbo Cupcake!
- Getting ZENtangled with Dream Schemes Sketch #5
- Lizzie Anne Designs Sketch #161
- Stampendous Easter "Hunted" House!
- Break Out Your Chocolate Bunnies...It's Lizzie Ann...
- Simple Dream Schemes
- Simply in Stitches
- CROSSing Pretty with Distressed
- Bonjour to Friday!
- Dream Schemes Colorway: Teal & Yellow
- Keeping It Simple
- Becoming Daffy About Dahlias
- Git Along Little Doggies!
- WANT TO BE SHOCKED AND APPALLED? NO FOOLIN'!
- Lizzie Anne Designs New Single Release!
- Happy April Fool's Day!
- ▼ April (19)
- ► 2010 (169)