I have a confession to make. In all honesty, I took one look at this new Jumbo Cling Dahlia stamp from Stampendous and thought, "Meh". It just didn't really appeal to me. I love flowers, but this particular one was just...okay. Then I kept seeing this image pop up on creations all over the place. On the Stampendous web site, the Stampendous blog, the Stampendous catalog, Split Coast Stampers, Facebook,YouTube...everywhere! Each creation was amazing. Various colors, techniques, cards, scrap pages, home decor, etc. So, then I thought, "Hmmmm...it is pretty cool. Think maybe I want to play with it after all." So, I did. Obviously. It occurred to me that my favorite little Memento inkpads come in a shape that would perfectly mimic the shape of the flower petals. I picked out a variety of rainbow hues from Rhubarb Stalk to Dandelion and used them direct to paper concentrically over the white cardstock panel. Then I stamped and embossed the Jumbo Cling Dahlia in white over the top. So simple and so stunning. All it needed to finish it off was a simple sentiment from one of my fave Perfectly Clear sentiment sets, "Happy Messages", and some bright happy ribbons. Perfectly sunny and perfect for spring (which explains why I had to photograph it with these gorgeous daffodils). This is a lesson to be learned. Be inspired by others...you just might see the world in a whole new light!
Jumbo Cling Dahlia (CRS5007)
Perfectly Clear "Happy Messages" (SSC109)
White Embossing Powder (EP100)
Tsukineko Versamark ink (VM001)
Tsukineko Memento ink: Rhubarb Stalk, Lady Bug, Tangelo, Cantaloupe, Dandelion
Bazzill Sunshine cardstock
Mohawk white cardstock
Creative Impressions ribbon
Sunday, April 3, 2011
- ► 2014 (110)
- ► 2013 (127)
- ► 2012 (173)
- Dreamweaver Stencils' New Releases and a Free Week...
- I Love Stampendous Dragonflies!
- New Releases from Dreamweaver Stencils!
- Celebrate with a Jumbo Cupcake!
- Getting ZENtangled with Dream Schemes Sketch #5
- Lizzie Anne Designs Sketch #161
- Stampendous Easter "Hunted" House!
- Break Out Your Chocolate Bunnies...It's Lizzie Ann...
- Simple Dream Schemes
- Simply in Stitches
- CROSSing Pretty with Distressed
- Bonjour to Friday!
- Dream Schemes Colorway: Teal & Yellow
- Keeping It Simple
- Becoming Daffy About Dahlias
- Git Along Little Doggies!
- WANT TO BE SHOCKED AND APPALLED? NO FOOLIN'!
- Lizzie Anne Designs New Single Release!
- Happy April Fool's Day!
- ▼ April (19)
- ► 2010 (169)