Wednesday, November 17, 2010

More Warm Thoughts from Lizzie Anne Designs


 As promised, here is another creation from the new release of Lizzie Anne Designs, December Mix "Warmest Thoughts". A really appropriate name for this set when you see the four stamps that I used for this gift card. Don't you just love the marshmallow guy? The sentiment was inspired by a Johnny Mathis Christmas carol. So true as who doesn't love cocoa with marshmallows (or whipped cream...or both!) during the winter? So cozy! For this project, I stamped the cocoa cup with Rich Cocoa (perfect, eh?) Memento ink and colored with my Copics. I added white Liquid Applique to the marshmallows, heat it to puff, flattened them slightly, and added a little toasty color to them. The marshmallow dude was stamped randomly over a DP panel. I had some cute ribbon with the pinks, browns, and mint greens that I had used for coloring. The inside of the card has a little pocket to hold a packet of cocoa mix. (I found these Starbucks ones at Marshall's. They carried a variety of flavors, and I love the simplicity of their packaging.) I added the warm sentiment and another marshmallow dude that I had colored and glittered. This makes a
cute little quickie gift that won't break the bank, but let's the recipient know that you cared enough to create the very best (apologies to Hallmark!). Happy holiday stamping!
Pam

December Mix "Warmest Thoughts" from Lizzie Anne Designs
Rich Cocoa Memento ink
Copic Sketch Markers
Multi Ultra-fine Crystal Glitter from Stampendous (GM220U)
Bazzill Basics Bling pink cardstock
DCWV dark brown cardstock
white cardstock
print paper (unknown)
Liquid Applique from Marvy-Uchida
cocoa packet
double-sided ultra sticky tape
double-sided foam adhesive
ribbon (Michael's)





4 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

What a surprising card !!! really great !
greetings, martina
x

Jamie Martin said...

Super cute card, it's perfect for the cooler weather we are having!
Do you have a pattern for the inside pocket? I've made cards using it but I'm sure I'm doing it the hard way.

Hugs :)

anya said...

Pam, this is adorable! I love the cozy colors that you used. What a great touch to 'toast' your marshmallows! Yum!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

This is a darling card/gift idea Pam! I love shopping at Marshalls...I think I am going right away, before everybody else sees your card. L