Monday, November 15, 2010

Lizzie Anne Designs December Mix Release Day!

 Hip hip hooray...it's Lizzie Anne Mix Release Day! I had the hardest time trying to decide which of the wonderful stamps in the December Mix, "Warmest Wishes", that I wanted to feature today. As soon as I received these in the mail (after haunting the post office for three days), I sat down and created three cards and one gift project. I decided to post this one for release day. Having three men in my household (four if you count Smokey the cat), I'm in constant need of stamps for masculine cards. Therefore, I jumped at the opportunity to go with this monochromatic color scheme for this card. I spritzed the beige cardstock with rubbing alcohol and crumpled it before distressing the edges and brushing ink over the wrinkles to highlight them. I stamped the tree and sentiment on the panel before adhering it to my dark chocolate card with the houndstooth print paper, and finished off with the buttons and stitching with twine. I instantly knew who would be receiving this card for the holidays. My hubby and I have a great friend
 living in Montana who always loves my handmade Christmas cards, and living where he does, he loves the outdoors as well. I cut and folded a long beige panel to fit inside the card, and stamped the holiday sentiment over a soft-colored stamped tree image. Eric, you're going to love this! To all of you surfing in blogland, be sure to visit the rest of the Lizzie Anne design team as listed at right, as well as the Lizzie Anne blogsite for more inspiration. Then head to the Lizzie Anne site to order this great mix of stamps! Come back to see the rest of the cute stuff I've been creating with this new release, as I will be sprinkling them over the next few weeks.
Pam
December Mix 'Warmest Wishes" from Lizzie Anne Designs
Rich Cocoa and Sand Dune Memento ink
Bazzill Java cardstock, beige cardstock
Graphic 45 print
buttons, twine, needle, corner rounder
rubbing alcohol, sanding block

6 comments:

joslyn said...

great card!! love the distressing.

anya said...

Pam, this is gorgeous! I absolutely love the design of this card - simple and stunning!

martina's kaartjes said...

lovely, elegant card !
greetings, martina
x

Kendra said...

Just lovely! I love the colors you used!

wendyp said...

LOL! I did the same thing with the mail. Even called the post office when the mail was delivered on friday and no stamps were in it.

This is gorgeous! Love the houndstooth with it...perfect masculine touch! I keep forgetting to try that alcohol trick with the paper.

Jamie Martin said...

Love this card and the crumpled background! You can also use paper bags, it's a great way to recycle them if you even have any.

Hugs :)