Thursday, November 18, 2010
Every Monday, Lizzie Anne Designs does a sketch challenge, and for this week Lizzie challenged us with the sketch at left. Be sure to check out her version as well as the others posted on the Lizzie Anne Designs Facebook Page. Play along and post your own creation there. For mine, I used bands of ribbon, ruffled trim, and strips of white and black cardstock stamped and embossed with the cute vintage lace border from the new December Mix, "Warmest Thoughts". I'm so loving these mix sets as you get such a great variety of stamps. No one particular theme, but images that can work together or apart, some for holidays and special occasions, and others that are wonderful for those everyday thinking-of-you cards. Be sure to check out the Lizzie Anne Designs site for the opportunity to sign up to receive these monthly mixes. You will find oodles of possibilities with these. Okay, back to business here...I stamped and cut out the hot air balloon, which just happened to be the perfect size to fit behind one of the Tim Holtz Fragments Tags (upside down). I tied a ribbon around it and adhered a pearl sticker for the balloon basket. The perfect sentiment was Nestie die cut and layered with black rhinestone accents and placed over a sheer ribbon bow. See what I mean by perfect images and sentiments that can work for any occasion?
December Mix "Warmest Thoughts" from Lizzie Anne Designs
Onyx Black Versafine ink from Tsukineko
Versamark ink from Tsukineko
Midnight Black (EP111) and White (EP100) embossing powders from Stampendous
Best Creation Basic Glitter Paper print
black, white cardstock
ribbons, ruffled trim
pearl and rhinestone stickers
Nesties Labels 4
double-sided foam adhesive
- ► 2012 (173)
- ► 2011 (230)
- Faux Suede Reindeer Card
- STMC34-Changito Cocoa Matchbook
- OMG! Lizzie Anne Designs Sale!
- Dreamweaver Stencil's Thanksgiving Day Parade and ...
- Oh, Joy! A Dreamweaver's Announcement!
- STMC33-Holiday Glow Ornament
- LAD Challenge-GNOME for the Holidays Wreath
- LAD Sketch #151-Fall and Rise
- More Warm Thoughts from Lizzie Anne Designs
- Lizzie Anne Designs December Mix Release Day!
- STMC32-Tag...You're It!
- Printed Poinsettia Card
- Mojo164-It's Cuppa Time!
- Happy Snow Triptych
- Mojo163-Polar Flakes
- STMC31-Little Dude Scrap Page
- LAD-Star Sprite Holiday Card
- Paste Embossing and Beyond
- Lizzie Anne Designs Sketch Monday
- LAD-Sparkle Sprite Holiday Card
- ▼ November (20)