Friday, November 19, 2010

LAD Challenge-GNOME for the Holidays Wreath


 You can't be GNOME for the holidays without a wreath on your door! This month's Lizzie Anne Design's challenge, was to create a wreath or a banner. About a month ago I had this bizarre notion to create a wreath using all my scraps of ribbons and papers. About four hours later I had it completed! However, all the colors and prints provided a very busy looking wreath, which was a challenge to find a way to make the cute Lizzie Anne Designs be the focal point of this project. I broke out my Nesties and layered black scalloped circles with white circles (which I had run through with the Dotted Swiss Cuttlebug folder). I then cut two slits in the center so that a ribbon could be wrapped around the wreath and a candy cane and tied in a bow in front. I had so much fun coloring the bunch of little gnomes (December Mix "Warmest Thoughts"), because personally, I think they are like snowflakes...wait for it,...GNOME two gnomes should be alike! (babumpum.) Puffy Liquid Applique and glitter was added to the beards before I cut them all out and adhered them with glue dots to the centers of my candy cane features. I dangled a couple extra off of silver sparkly rick rack from the center and discovered something else cool about these little dudes...you can put them back to back! That way if my dangles twist (sounds wrong, doesn't it?), then my gnomes still look cute as a bug's brassiere (yes, that was intentional). Be sure to check out the rest of the  Design Team's wreath and banner creations. You are sure to be inspired to create your own, so be sure to post it to the Lizzie Anne Designs Sketchbook as well as the Lizzie Anne Designs Facebook page.
Pam

December Mix "Warmest Thoughts" from Lizzie Anne Designs
 Tuxedo Black Memento ink from Tsukineko
Copic Sketch markers, Copic Opaque White
Liquid Applique from Marvy-Uchida
Multi Ultra-Fine Crystal Glitter from Stampendous (GM220U)
Nestabilities Classic Circles and Large Scalloped Circles
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder
ribbon, rick rack, and paper scraps
twine, coated wire hanger
candy canes, glue dots

5 comments:

Deb said...

OMgoodness! Sqealing, jumpin' up and down! This could NOT be any CUTER! LOVE it!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh my word...what an incredibly fabulous way to use up your scraps! Awesome wreath and those gnomes are too cute!

joslyn said...

how cute is this??????
love the gnome wreath.
i forgot to respond about those light cubes. i never used one so i am not sure. i know alot of other crafters used them though. good luck.

Laura Weed said...

Beyond adorable...this will, of course, be my christmas present?! :)

anya said...

This is THE CUTEST!!! I love it!!