Friday, November 20, 2015

Woodware: Decoupage for a Season of Joy


The Woodware team is playing with the art of decoupage this week, with a Christmas holiday theme, so I thought that I'd share one of my favorite projects featuring Dreamweaver and Stampendous products. The base of this is a plaque made of slate, to which I used a decoupage medium to adhere a torn section of music score paper...


Then I added a wash of blue paint over the top, letting the music show through...


I taped the Dreamweaver Season of Joy stencil on all sides, and used Regular Embossing Paste with my Spreader tool to smooth the paste over the design...


The wet paste was covered with Stampendous Multi Crystal Glitter, and the plaque was set aside to dry...


I added a "snow bank" of dabbed-on paste, and covered this with glitter before drying...


Next I trimmed the back of a craft store tree to make it lay flat, dabbed white paint on it, and sprinkled glitter...


A bit of paint wash on a torn strip of music score before wrapping it around the tree, and adhering it to the plaque...


Paste was dabbed on a pine cone and glittered before adhering to the plaque along with a yummy bow, and a few Mark Richards' Crystals on the star, and here's the result...


Pretty gorgeous, don't you think? And what a wonderful seasonal gift!

2 comments:

Stampendous said...

This is SO GORGEOUS! Oh my Pam it has so many wonderful details to look at that it really should be permanently on a wall somewhere! Thank you for sharing your Stampendous today!

Gloria said...

Love this idea. Thanks for sharing.