Dreamweaver Thursday: Getting Cozy with Family and Friends
It's Thanksgiving today in the United States, a time when we are with, or think of our friends and family, and count ourselves fortunate to have them, and everything else that makes us cozy.
Sharing our blessings multiplies that warm and cozy feeling for others as well. Happy thanksgiving!
My card today features that warm and cozy feeling during the holidays, and is a quick one to create. Using this rich marsala-colored cardstock and Tsukineko® Gold Delicata ink, the steps are simple:
1. Create a 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 inch, tent fold card.
2. Place Dreamweaver I Beam stencil over front, and tape to work surface with removable tape.
3. Using a large stencil brush, rouge gold ink through the stencil over the surface to cover design all around the outside edges.
4. Cut smaller panel. Machine-emboss the Dreamweaver Stockings by the Fire stencil using your favorite embossing/die-cutting machine. (I use the Big Shot Pro.)
5. Keep stencil in place on panel, and tape edges as in step 2.
6. Once again, rouge gold ink over the embossed surface.
7. Use inkpad to add gold around edge. Adhere panel to card with foam tape.
8. Stamp the sentiment from the Joyful Phrases Perfectly Clear set sentiment in gold ink, and emboss with Stampendous Detail Gold Embossing Powder on vellum strip*. "Fish-tail" cut one end. Score and fold the top edge to wrap over the top of the panel to be adhered from behind. Tear bottom edge of strip.
*Rub a small amount of talcum powder or anti-static medium over the vellum strip on back and front before stamping and embossing to prevent static cling with the EP.
For more warm fuzzies...visit our friends...
Pam Hornschu (you're here)