Thursday, November 26, 2015

Woodware: Tangles and Doodles with Stencils

Over on the Woodware Blog this week, the team has been challenged to Zentangle with stencils. Yeah. I got this. I may not be an amazing tangler, as doodling is more my forté, but I always did love this card. It was originally created for the Design Originals' Zentangle 6 book, featuring Dreamweaver Stencils.

The stencil design is called Open Bird, and is a perfect reminder of Peace, which we all could use, the whole world over.

When I tangle/doodle with stencils, I like to trace the design with my Sakura Micron pens, usually in the .3 - .5 size range. If I'm adding bolder patterning, I'll use up to a .7. I have so many great friends that are truly amazing at this art, some of which are Certified Zentangle Teachers. Someday, I'd really like to sit down with them and have them teach me some of the patterns and tricks to creating a motion-feel to the design. Until then...I doodle! Like Dorrie!


1 comment:

Dorrie said...

You are much better at doodling and everything else card making than me!