Monday, July 11, 2011

Mixing It Up With May Arts and Stampendous!



Are you ready for an amazingly fun week? Stampendous and May Arts Ribbon are playing together this week. The May Arts team has been playing with Stampendous products, and the Stampendous team has been playing with the May Arts products. The result? Absolute fabulousness! Check the Stampendous blog all this week for posts and links to those who are playing along from both teams. As for me, I will be posting my creations today (duh), Wednesday, and Friday. Thursday will be my Dreamweaver post with the latest challenge. Today's post is a mixed bag of mixed media/home decor/dimensional fun...and I do mean fun. I had a blast with this. The frame was a cheap $1 wood frame from Michael's (amazing deal) with nice wide sides for lots of stamping goodness. I did the "Antique Embossing" technique of first painting the frame
black. When dry, I stamped and embossed with Deep Impressions Clear Embossing Powder the soon-to-be-released Cling Jumbo Rose with it's additional lovely scroll leaf and stem image. Then pink acrylic paint was brushed over the top and using a slightly damp paper towel, I rubbed the paint away from the embossed areas. To add texture, dimension, and shimmer, I sponged, daubed, rubbed, and spritzed various Distress Inks, Paint Daubers, and Color Wash from Ranger Inks. So easy, and really no right or wrong way to do this. Just let the mojo flow! I used a wonderful vintage photo of my 
mother which I stamped more soon-to-be-released images, Jumbo Cling Rose Hips, around the edges. To complete the frame, I added a sentiment banner covered in Crackle clear finish, several Class A' Peel Damask Leaves, and finally the piece de resistance...the fabulous May Arts ribbons. I love the crinkly look of the Solid Textured Crush for the bow. The wired edges make it so simple to tie a gorgeously full fluffy bow. Following one of the umpteen million (technical term) ribbon rose tutorials that can be found on the internet, I used the Solid Center Band Satin ribbon to create this two-toned rose. I wrapped their Leaves trim around the bow for the finishing touch. You seriously need to see and feel these ribbons and trims to believe how beautiful they are. Okay, so now is your opportunity to check out the blogs from both teams that are posting today. Check back with me again on Wednesday. Happy creating!



Stampendous:
CRS5006 Cling Jumbo Rose
CRS5022 Cling Jumbo Rose Hips
SSC1080 Perfectly Clear Scripty Stems
EG020 Deep Impressions Clear
VM001 Versamark Ink
AC990VB Damask Leaves

May Arts Ribbon:
XY12 Solid Center Band Satin
AW33 Solid Crush Textured Wired
BY16 Leaves

Plus:
Rich Cocoa Memento (Tsukineko)
Black StazOn (Tsukineko)
Walnut Distress Stain (Ranger)
Cranberry and Butterscotch Adirondack Color Wash (Ranger)
Metallic Gold Paint Dauber (Ranger)
Crackle Finish (Ranger)
wood frame (Michael's)
Coredinations cardstock
metallic gold cardstock
Nestabilities Ribbon Banners dies
sanding block

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Absolute fabulousness!!!!! This is just fantastic Pam!!! Have a good week!

Scrappychick said...

Pam, this is sheer beauty! (Wendy took my word, LOL...fabulousness was what I was thinking too!!) Yu blow me away with all your attention to detail!

Patty said...

Oh wow! I love your frame! The colors are just fantastic!

wendyp said...

Wow!!! Pam, this is STUNNING!

Stampin' Meg said...

Such a beautiful frame!

StampendousGraphics said...

wow.. this is so beautiful! great job, Pam!! And the Jumbo Rose is available NOW...yahoo!!!

Lynlee said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I just finished a frame using your technique and love it!

Melinda said...

Stunning, Pam! Truly beautiful!