Thursday, July 7, 2011
Dreamweaver Stencils' Dream Scheme Thursday. Somehow I thought it was still Tuesday. Speaking of living in the past, as I was scrambling to find a sample to use for this post, I remembered this cute old-fashioned, vintage-inspired version of the Apron stencil which was released in March. I love this apron. So versatile and so much fun to decorate. Reminds me of playing paper dolls as a child. (Yes, I am THAT old!) This version reminds me of my grandmother. She loved to cook and bake, and always had a collection of the most fun aprons. Her absolute favorite color was always aqua. The walls in her living room were aqua. The cabinets in her kitchen were aqua. The funny thing is, guess what my favorite color is now? Yep. Aqua. For this apron, I paper-pieced this using yummy October Afternoon papers in coordinating prints. So easy to do. Just place the Apron stencil over the areas you want and trace inside with a pencil, cut out and adhere. For a little added depth, I had run the main panel through the Big Shot with the stencil and adhered the piecings over the top of the embossed areas. A little distressing with a sanding block and inks, some paper piercing, a cute sentiment from Lizzie Anne Designs, and a lot of layering complete the vintage feel of this card. Now go check out what the rest of the team has been up to for this free week, play along and provide us with a link to your creation. Happy stenciling!
LG736 Apron from Dreamweaver Stencils
Rich Cocoa Ink from Tsukineko
"Time for a Cuppa" from Lizzie Anne Designs
patterned paper from October Afternoon
brad fasteners from American Crafts
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
- ► 2016 (70)
- ► 2015 (174)
- ► 2014 (149)
- ► 2013 (127)
- ► 2012 (173)
- Stampendous Christmas in July: Peeking Pals Gift ...
- Dreamweaver Talent Squared!
- Butterfly Beauties Fabulously Fran-taged!
- Dream Schemes Monochromatic Colorway-A Masculine V...
- Dream Forever...and Put a Bow On It!
- Dreamweaver Sketch #8-Welcome Baby!
- Royally Jazzed with Stampendous and May Arts
- Mixing It Up With May Arts and Stampendous!
- WERE YOU REEEEAAAALY HOT OVER THE WEEKEND? CHECK H...
- Dreaming of My Grandmother's Aprons
- ARE YOU HOT, HOT, HOT? THEN HOP, HOP, HOP!
- ▼ July (11)
- ► 2010 (169)