Thursday, July 14, 2011
For Dream Schemes Thursday, we have a sketch challenge as shown at left. I decided to keep it fairly simple and use designs that I haven't played with yet. I thought that I'd mimic the animal print of the giraffe on the Baby Bib by using Memories Mists with the Leopard Skin stencil. I highly recommend creating a spraying box from an old cardboard box for this process. Because the background stencil was smaller than the 5 1/2" square card base, it was necessary to tape and mask off the other areas while spraying in sections. The bib square panel was also misted but first was run through the Big Shot to emboss it first. I love yellow and aqua together (actually pretty much any color with aqua), so I used the Eyelet Squares dies from Nestabilities for the frame. Matching buttons complete the three items necessary to the sketch, and I had this cute epoxy sentiment sticker in my stash with touches of the yellow and aqua as well. All in all, a baby card for either gender, easy enough to create several of to have on hand. The Dreamweaver Stencil's team loves to post for your pleasure (as well as their own) each week, but we would REALLY love it if you would play along. Stenciling is not just your mother's old-fashioned way to decorate walls, it's come a long way, baby. Check out what the rest of the team has been creating this week, play along, and link your own unique take to the Mr. Linky on the Dream It Up! blog.
LL309 Baby Bib
LJ819 Leopard Skin
MM01 Mango Lemonade Memories Mists
- ► 2016 (70)
- ► 2015 (174)
- ► 2014 (149)
- ► 2013 (127)
- ► 2012 (173)
- Stampendous Christmas in July: Peeking Pals Gift ...
- Dreamweaver Talent Squared!
- Butterfly Beauties Fabulously Fran-taged!
- Dream Schemes Monochromatic Colorway-A Masculine V...
- Dream Forever...and Put a Bow On It!
- Dreamweaver Sketch #8-Welcome Baby!
- Royally Jazzed with Stampendous and May Arts
- Mixing It Up With May Arts and Stampendous!
- WERE YOU REEEEAAAALY HOT OVER THE WEEKEND? CHECK H...
- Dreaming of My Grandmother's Aprons
- ARE YOU HOT, HOT, HOT? THEN HOP, HOP, HOP!
- ▼ July (11)
- ► 2010 (169)