Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dreamweaver Sketch #8-Welcome Baby!



 For Dream Schemes Thursday, we have a sketch challenge as shown at left. I decided to keep it fairly simple and use designs that I haven't played with yet. I thought that I'd mimic the animal print of the giraffe on the Baby Bib by using Memories Mists with the Leopard Skin stencil. I highly recommend creating a spraying box from an old cardboard box for this process. Because the background stencil was smaller than the 5 1/2" square card base, it was necessary to tape and mask off the other areas while spraying in sections. The bib square panel was also misted but first was run through the Big Shot to emboss it first. I love yellow and aqua together (actually pretty much any color with aqua), so I used the Eyelet Squares dies from Nestabilities for the frame. Matching buttons complete the three items necessary to the sketch, and I had this cute epoxy sentiment sticker in my stash with touches of the yellow and aqua as well. All in all, a baby card for either gender, easy enough to create several of to have on hand. The Dreamweaver Stencil's team loves to post for your pleasure (as well as their own) each week, but we would REALLY love it if you would play along. Stenciling is not just your mother's old-fashioned way to decorate walls, it's come a long way, baby. Check out what the rest of the team has been creating this week, play along, and link your own unique take to the Mr. Linky on the Dream It Up! blog.

Dreamweaver Stencils:
LL309 Baby Bib
LJ819 Leopard Skin
MM01 Mango Lemonade Memories Mists

7 comments:

Wendy said...

This is beautiful Pam. Now I must get the leopard print stencil. That looks so good, I thought it was patterned paper. Great job!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Awwww....that is a darling baby card. Great use of the Memories Mists...I love those sprays! They are a wonderful formulation and so easy to use.

sommrstamping said...

Nice job as always Pam. This really looks fun and I told my niece I would do her baby announcements for her, so I'm really paying attention to all the baby cards people are possting . Thanks for the inspiration.Have fun in chicago, Wish I were going.

Laura Drahozal said...

Great work, Pam. You are so talented. I just love the way that you used that leopard stencil to hint of the giraffe skin. I also like the way you used the Memories Mists. I am going to have to break mine out.

Kristi said...

beautiful work. Love the leopard a lot.....can't wait to see you in a few days!

Louise said...

Wonderful card, so sweet! Gotta love those Memories Mist sprays.

Anonymous said...

Fun card, I like the colors and technique.