Sunday, April 18, 2010

STMC2 Bee Friend card

Here is my version of the Stampendous sketch challenge of the week, STMC2. I stamped and watercolored Fluffles on a square and layered onto a scalloped square. I formed the vertical card from Bazzill cardstock and adhered a panel of a cute print I had in my stash which a punched a border at the bottom.
My transparent piece (thermo-acetate) was stamped and embossed using the Perfectly Clear "Retro Blooms" and two gorgeous colors of embossing powder, Periwinkle and Wintergreen. My trick when embossing on acetate is this: Rub baby powder over the area to be embossed, brushing off any excess. This keeps the static on the plastic from allowing the EP to cling where you don't want it. I stamped some of the images and embossed with one color. Let cool. Wipe with more baby powder. Then stamp the other images and apply the remaining color. You need to wipe with the baby powder both times. It also helps to keep the backing sheet on the acetate while you do this or that sneaky powder will end up on the back as well! The reason I use baby powder and not another anti-static medium, is that the others tend to scratch the acetate and the baby powder does not...plus it smells good! Anyway...adhere the acetate to the card. Ink around the edges, adhere the Fluffles square with double-sided foam adhesive, and add a ribbon bow. Very cute card and this great sketch design from Jennie has an extra wow factor with the transparent panel on the bottom. It's clearly cute!
Pam

Perfectly Clear "Retro Blooms" from Stampendous (SSC071)
"Bea Fluffles" from Stampendous (F151)
"So Thankful" from Stampendous (K044)
Periwinkle embossing powder (EP506)
Wintergreen embossing powder (EP161)
Thermo Acetate (PC75)
Frost White ColorBox ink from Clearsnap
Memories Artprint Brown ink
Bazzill cardstock
print unknown
ribbon
watercolors
Fiskar border punch

3 comments:

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Love it Pam! So pretty and cute! Your coloring is fantastic. I really love the colors you chose. They look amazing! Wonderful embossing tips too! TFS!
:) Rachel

Jamie Martin said...

This is so cute and I have those stamps! The acetate looks great :)

Shari Nelson said...

You are right, this is clearly a really cute card! I like the acetate idea, thanks for sharing this!