Saturday, April 10, 2010

STMC1- Poppy Chalk Card

So here is my answer to the first week of Stampendous' new sketch challenge as discussed in the previous post. I stamped and embossed in white one of Fran's great scenic designs, "Poppy Scene". Then I rubbed Versamark ink over the top and using fine-tipped cotton swabs, I colored in the image using chalks. It helps to go slightly over the lines because when you are through chalking, you will wipe over the surface with a clean paper towel to remove color from the embossed surfaces so that they will stand out. My two circles were stamped and embossed on a coral cardstock panel using the "Formal Frames" set. Punched and added two lime circles for a little extra pop, a cute swirl clip with a metal message and ribbon attached. It's amazing how you can take one sketch and come up with so many variations. Check them all out at the sites mentioned in the last post.
Pam

Cling Poppy Scene by Stampendous (CRM234)
Perfectly Clear "Formal Frames" by Stampendous (SSC197)
White Embossing Powder (EP100)
Frost White ColorBox ink by Clearsnap
Versamark ink by Tsukineko
Decorative Chalks
Bazzill and Wassau cardstock
double sided foam adhesive
swirl clip, metal message, ribbon

6 comments:

wendyp said...

omgosh! Pam, this is stunning!!

I love the effect of the white EP with the chalks! So soft and dreamy! I'm off to go dust off my chalks and try this right now!!!

Nancy Sanders said...

absolutely beautiful...and great explanation. I will have to give this technique a try...my you are talented!

Jennifer Dove said...

Oh...I never thing to emboss in white...This is so wonderful!

Scrappychick said...

This turned out fabulous! I love the colors you chose and the stamped images for the circle parts of the sketch!

Karen Lee said...

How long does the Versamark stay moist enough to paint on the chalk?

BTW, this is gorgeous!

Pam Hornschu said...

In answer to Karen:
Versamark will stay moist and sticky for a looooooonnngg time! It's just waiting for you to put something on top...like chalks, embossing powder, even PearlEx! Experiment with it and it will become one of your favorite inks. Thanks for commenting!