Thursday, March 19, 2015

Dreamweaver: Marching into Spring, Week Three

If you are here for my Woodware post, please scroll down, but nothing says that you can't have a bit of fun along the way...

Ready for fresh air, sunshine, new leaves, and flowers blooming? Well, the Dream Team is right there with you! Our challenge for the month of March is...coincidentally...Marching into Spring. Per usual, we'd love to have you play along with us, and link your own creations to the Inlinkz tool on the Dream It Up! blog, or at the bottom of this post. Play as many times as you'd like. Those of you who work Dreamweaver and/or Stampendous products into your projects receive bonus points, but everyone has an opportunity to be the winner who receives the stencil of their choice.

Here's my hint of Spring:

I thought I'd play with a "messy" watercolor look for today's post. In the past, when I've tried to watercolor through the stencils, the color runs underneath, and frustrated me. Then it dawned on me...why not go with that look, but outline the stencil afterwards. I kind of like the end result. I even added a bit of doodling/tangling over the design. The base was a piece of canvas-textured Core'dinations' cardstock in a natural color. The Stampendous Cling Music Score was stamped in black StazOn (to prevent bleeding when wet), and a bit of DecoArt® Media Acrylic in Titan Buff was lightly brushed over the background. The Dreamweaver Stylized Dahlia was taped over the panel, and watercolored, and set aside to dry. When dry, the clean stencil was replaced, and I used a Copic Multi-liner in .03 to trace the design and add some tangles. The card base was a gorgeous shade of cobalt Vintage Cardstock from Core'dinations which I'd run through my Big shot with the Dreamweaver Chevrons stencil, and sanded to reveal the design. A simple panel of green with a stamped sentiment from the Stampendous Perfectly Clear Friendly Phrases set, and a luscious bow from May Arts, and I'm loving the result! How about you?


The "A" team would love to share their interpretations of this theme:





5 comments:

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Love the dahlia result Pam! Lots of interesting layers and pretty added tangles!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautiful Pam. I sorta like the fun messy look. Very "mixed media" look.

rose s. said...

great mixed media card pam - luvin' the tangles too.:)

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Yes...I hink you're on to something...that outline idea with the black doodles really pulls it all together!

Viki Banaszak said...

Wow! That is really unique! I have never tried to watercolor through a stencil. It looks very cool.