Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Stampendous: Yep! I've Got a Screwloose...

I am soooo in love with the new Screwloose and Sparky images from Stampendous. They are being featured on the team blogs all of this week, so I'm showing off my favorite!

I started by creating a Creative Palette print from the new Rectangles set. A bit of cyan and pthalo green tube acrylic were smeared on the palette, along with a bit of Neon Pink and Yellow Radiant Neon inks from Tsukineko. My panel of Mixed Media White cardstock (new product!) was swiped over the inks. Then I used the stamp bits from the CP to use the paint and ink mix to stamp the little squares over the panel, and set it aside to dry.

Meanwhile, I stamped a few of the cute accessories from the Screwloose and Sparky Perfectly Clear set, as well as the clear Steampunk Gears set to add some background images on my blue Bazzill Basics card base in Onyx VersaFine ink. I had stamped one large gear on the edge, so I used this as an opportunity to show off Sparky by punching a hole on the side.

By now the CP print was dry, so I broke out the cute robots images and stamped them in black, along with more of the gears that I used previously. I also stamped Sparky on a scrap, and punched him out to adhere to the inside of the card where I'd punched the hole. However...I didn't just adhere him. I added a "Action Wobble" spring in between so his little head would bounce around on the card. Too cute!

I mixed up a small amount of Dreamweaver Glossy White Paste with a bit of Radiant Neon Green refill ink, and pasted the Dreamweaver Clockworks stencil design over a bit of the panel. This was set aside to dry near my mini fan that I keep on my workspace.

Once dry, the card was assembled, adding a stamped and cut out "monitor" frame over Screwloose for a bit more dimension, as well as a screw brad fastener for one of his eyes.

This set is soo much fun to play with! Don't get the idea in your head that this would only work for little boys. I don't know anyone who wouldn't appreciate a fun card for any occasion with this wacky duo.


Check out those on the team that are posting by following the links here on Wednesday:

Stampendous Blog

Pam Hornschu

Wendy Price

Kristine Reynolds

Amy Hurley-Purdie

Janelle Stollfus

6 comments:

Janelle Stollfus said...

Get out! Love the colors and that tricky cut out for Sparky.

barbara macaskill said...

Such a cute card! LOVE the dangling doggy! Great color combo also! Very refreshing! TFS!

Carol w said...

Pretty card, love the cut out with sparky.

Asia King said...

Awww. Super fun!

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Super fun card Pam! Love the cutouts and cheerful colors.

Viki Banaszak said...

That is so adorable! I love the colors and the little extras that you did on this card.