Thursday, March 5, 2015

Dreamweaver: Marching into Spring!

Ready for fresh air, sunshine, new leaves, and flowers blooming? Well, the Dream Team is right there with you! Our challenge for the month of March is...coincidentally...Marching into Spring. Per usual, we'd love to have you play along with us, and link your own creations to the Inlinkz tool on the Dream It Up! blog, or at the bottom of this post. Play as many times as you'd like. Those of you who work Dreamweaver and/or Stampendous products into your projects receive bonus points, but everyone has an opportunity to be the winner who receives the stencil of their choice.

Here's my hint of Spring:

 
This is one of my favorite cards. I love the design, the contrast in colors, and the texture.

I started with a panel of white watercolor paper. I smooshed three of the Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Radiant Neon inks over the panel, and then sprayed over the surface with their Ink Potion No. 9 and let it do its magic. When dry, I sprayed over the surface with their irRESISTible Texture spray in Lulu Lavender. This is not just a mist, it actually leaves texture! Very cool, and easy to mix with my favorite Dreamweaver Memories Mists on a project! 
I used the Dreamweaver Stylized Dahlia DIE to cut out the design from the center of my panel. I pasted the dahlia in Matte Black on black cardstock, as well as the sentiment. When dry, I adhered all the parts of the die cut flower on the surface. The paste added to the dimension. I placed the sentiment stencil over the surface, inked with Versamark ink with a sponge dauber, and applied a few colors of Metallic F/X powders. The card base was lovely Bazzill cardstock, machine-embossed with the Dreamweaver Large Scales. Just a couple of scraps of May Arts ribbon, and a few adhesive pearls finished it off.


The "A" team would love to share their interpretations of this theme:





9 comments:

Lyn Bernatovich said...

I love the sassy feel of this daisy and your card design is colorful and fun for sure!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Hey, Pam, this is a really pretty card! Those spatters make it light and fun!

Jan Castle said...

This is GORGEOUS.....and happy to say I have this stencil so I can give it a try too and case you!!!!! TFS a how you made it!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Stampendous said...

WOW! So many yummy products going into this lovely card! It's just super gorgeous for Spring!! Thanks for sharing!!

Golda said...

This is a beautiful card! Now, what I want to know is, how long did it take with all the different layers and drying times? Love the beautiful colors on the black background and the pop that gives.

Jamie Martin said...

Love, love, love those colors against the black! Beautiful :)

Diane said...

Wow, this is totally gorgeous, lots of beautiful color and texture!!

Louise said...

Beautiful Pam! Love the paper you created for the dahlia! The layout is very cool (ok I know I'm dating myself using that word, but it is!)

Viki Banaszak said...

This is very pretty! I love the colors and the way you made the card.