We have a different sort of collaboration for you!
This week we’re going to celebrate with the awesome Woodware Design Team and the Dreamweaver Stencils Dream Team all of the the great Stampendous and Dreamweaver Stencils products that Woodware makes available to the UK market. This is good news for our crafty friends in the UK because we’ll be offering prizes and our UK friends are eligible to win!! We’ll be offering three prizes in the UK and three in the US. Each prize package will consist of Nathalie Kalbach’s terrific Grunge Mixed Media Cling Rubber Stamp Sets and the beautiful Zen Butterfly Dreamweaver Stencil! Both products are ideal for adding texture and backgrounds to your projects!
Deadline to comment is Sunday, March 29th, Pacific Time. Winners will be picked using and announced Tuesday, March 31st, in the afternoon.
And that’s our theme!! Making Texture. We hope you’ll enjoy the wonderful inspiration that three talented teams will bring you this week! Be sure to visit all the blog links listed and leave your comments! Each comment will count as an entry towards one of the terrific prize packages.
Here's my "touchy-feely" project for today:
Another one of my banners that I created to be displayed at the Stitches show in the UK last month. (Pssst, you might be seeing a couple more varieties of these this week...)
Using a half sheet from Woodware's Cotton Canvas pad as my base, I used the pre-gessoed side and followed these steps:
- Place the Dreamweaver Butterfly stencil on the canvas. While holding down with fingertips, sponge embossing ink through the design, and around the edges. Emboss with Stampendous White Embossing Powder.
- Using Black Surfacez ink, I added the Stampendous Cling Contract image randomly over canvas.
- Using Clearsnap's ColorBox Chalk ink colors from the Misty Meadows set, I swiped the pads directly over the canvas as desired, and then used a paper towel to wipe off any excess, especially from the embossed butterfly. Use the same colors to ink the Dreamweaver Quatrefoil design randomly in the background. Heat set inks.
- Paste a portion of the Quatrefoil using Matte Black Embossing Paste over one area. Sprinkle wet paste with Stampendous Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel, and heat till dry and raised.
- Spritz a bit of Dreamweaver Memories Mists in Lavender Tea, Blue Martini, and Blueberry Shake; toward the top, and allow to run down.
- Spritz a bit of the same mists on a couple of Woodware's White Paper Flowers, and stamp one in black with the Contract stamp.
- Spritz a bit of the mists over the Woodwware's Self Adhesive White Lace, and a strip of Woodware's Cotton Ribbon. When dry, adhere to canvas as desired.
- Stamp in black and die cut two of the Stampendous Butterflies Matching Stamp Set and Matching Dies sets. Spritz with Lavender Tea. Let dry before adhering.
- Brush some thinned white glue over butterflies, and sprinkle with Color Fragments.
- Use Damask patterned Woodware Ribbon tape to accessorize canvas, and use two pieces to wrap over pre-painted in black wood dowel. Add spritzed ribbon tie at top if desired.
- Die cut letters for word using Dreamweaver's Dual Alphabet set. Adhere to canvas.
Here's today's link lists from the three teams: