Monday, August 20, 2012

Dreamweaver and Woodware Week: A Season of Joy


All of this week, the Dream Team and the Woodware UK teams are celebrating the release of the new holiday designs from Dreamweaver Stencils. Of course, no celebration is complete without prizes...and there are some fabulous ones for those commenting on both sides of the "pond". 

Each team will be providing the opportunity to win four prize packages of stencil designs, perfect for the holidays. Just leave your comments each day on each players' post as well as the Dream It Up! and Woodware UK blogs, and the Dreamweaver and Woodware Facebook pages. Two random commentors  will be chosen from the batch of weekday posts, one each from the DW and WW Facebook pages, and from the big hop on Saturday...from each side of the pond!* That's a total of eight prize packages up for grabs! Here's what you could win:



Here is my post for today:



I am so excited about this week's collaboration between the Dreamweaver and Woodware teams. I just love the new Christmas designs, and had so much fun creating with them. Today's card features the "Season of Joy" stencil, another one of the perfect all-in-one designs that Dreamweaver is known for.

I used the Color Solutions Alcohol Inks to create  a splotchy background of blue...Iceberg, Blue Velvet, and a bit of Sizzling Silver. I sprinkled kosher salt over the surface, and spritzed with the Color Solutions Cleaner/Thinner (in a Ranger misting bottle), and let this sit to create a more mottled appearance.

When this was brushed off and dry, I paste-embossed the Season of Joy over the surface with Glossy White paste, removed the stencil, and covered the surface with a mixture of both ultra fine and fine crystal glitters. While this was set aside to dry, I created the background panel by running a panel of white cardstock through my Big Shot with the Stripes/Plaid stencil in both directions. Then I brushed Tsukineko's Pearlescent Sky Blue and Ice Blue inks over the embossed surface.

I also pasted the Season of Joy sentiment on a torn strip of vellum with Glossy Blue, and sprinkled more of the mixed glitter. When everything is dry, I put the card together, and added a single rhinestone on the star.

Don't forget to leave me some holiday cheer as you move on to the other players for today:



Remember to follow along with the challenges on the Dream It Up! and Woodware UK blogs for more prize opportunities, and more crafty inspiration, as well as "liking" DW and WW on Facebook.
*Winners selected must be from USA/Canada/UK only.



14 comments:

Dorrie said...

I love the vellum over the top of the image. I think I need this stencil

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Pam...I had this card with me as i traveled in the New England area and had so many questions on how the technique was done. I am so glad you blogged about it and they can now find out the details! Great card!

Joy H said...

I love how everyone's use of this stencil is different and they are all so stunning! Love your card Pam!

Susie Moore said...

You never stop amazing me!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous colors and effect! Beautiful card!

Jan Garber said...

WOW! I had to read twice through the details to absorb everything you did! Your card is amazing, Pam!

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

Wow Pam..salt on a card!! This is a work of art ...I love the depth of your bkground..and the white just stands out!

Melinda Gleissner said...

Pam, your card caught my eye earlier today but this is the first chance I've had to stop by and rave about it. Your blue and silver background is glorious. I must try these inks in this combination. Wow, it's stunning. And I do appreciate your detailed explanation of how you created it.
Glorious!!!!!!!

Terrece said...

WOW! Love the effect you achieved with the salt. Would never have thought to use that stencil the way you did. Fabulous!

Lea said...

Oh, Pam, what a sparkly gorgeous creation in blue and white! This is just so pretty! Love it!

Caroline D. said...

Gorgeous card and all the blue white sparkilies make it seem like a winter wonderland!!

Lillian Child said...

The vellum was the PERFECT choice to take this lovely card creation to the next level of stunning!

scrappybetty said...

Many layers made a beautiful card.

Laura Drahozal said...

Beautiful card, Pam! Just fantastic!