Saturday, August 25, 2012

Christmas in August with Dreamweaver and Woodware UK


All of this week, the Dream Team and the Woodware UK teams have been celebrating the release of the new holiday designs from Dreamweaver Stencils. Of course, no celebration is complete without prizes...and there are some fabulous ones for those commenting on both sides of the "pond". 

Each team will be providing the opportunity to win four prize packages of stencil designs, perfect for the holidays. Just leave your comments each day on each players' post as well as the Dream It Up! and Woodware UK blogs, and the Dreamweaver and Woodware Facebook pages. Two random commentors  will be chosen from the batch of weekday posts, one each from the DW and WW Facebook pages, and from the big hop on Saturday...from each side of the pond!* That's a total of eight prize packages up for grabs! Here's what you could win:


Feeling the need for something frosty?



You can't get much frostier than this card without the help of dry ice! For this card, I paste-embossed the new Heart Ornaments on a panel of acetate with the Regular Paste. While wet, I sprinkled two shades of green glitter on the pine needles, and deep red into pink shades on the hearts. When completely dry I ink-stenciled over the branch with Splendor, and added dollops of the Regular Embossing Paste over the branch for snow. I used my EK Edger punch that "drips", and punched a piece of acetate. I used the reverse portion as a stencil to add "icy" drips of embossing paste on the hearts, too. Because there were several covered areas on the acetate, I was able to use foam tape to pop up the panel over a light blue panel that was machine-embossed with the Hills stencil. The sentiment was also pasted, and red and crystal glitters were added to continue the frosty theme.



Don't forget to leave me some holiday cheer as you move on to the other players for today:

Remember to follow along with the challenges on the Dream It Up! and Woodware UK blogs for more prize opportunities, and more crafty inspiration, as well as "liking" DW and WW on Facebook.
*Winners selected must be from USA/Canada/UK only.



11 comments:

Liz Martin said...

Love it! Thanks, too, for the "drip" punch and acetate tip. Always wondered how you snow to melt so perfectly.

scrappybetty said...

Wonderful card. Using acetate on top of the hills gave extra dimention.

Lillian Child said...

Delightful FROSTY feel to this holiday creation!

Lea said...

I feel a serious chill, wait, no, it's your frosty card! Yeah, I know, very corny! LOL! Your card is absolutely gorgeous and it does look like it's been frosted with ice! Love it!

Caroline D. said...

Magnificent card!! Love all the snowy effects you created!!

Scrappychick said...

You never cease to inspire me! This is just gorgeous!!

Joy H said...

Oh WOW Pam - this is amazing! Am absolutely stunning card to end off the week!

Laura Drahozal said...

I love this one. I think that the snow you added was genius!

Terrece said...

WAY COOL!! This is by far my favorite. Beautiful card! One I will try.

The Sparkly Fairy said...

This is beautiful. Saw it on Craft Gossip and had to have a closer look!

E said...

I love this card. At first I thought it was a card with a gift of drop heart earrings. . . might be an idea.