Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Dreamweaver and Woodware Day 3: Foiled for the Holidays


All of this week, the Dream Team and the Woodware UK teams are celebrating the release of the new holiday designs from Dreamweaver Stencils. Of course, no celebration is complete without prizes...and there are some fabulous ones for those commenting on both sides of the "pond". 

Each team will be providing the opportunity to win four prize packages of stencil designs, perfect for the holidays. Just leave your comments each day on each players' post as well as the Dream It Up! and Woodware UK blogs, and the Dreamweaver and Woodware Facebook pages. Two random commentors  will be chosen from the batch of weekday posts, one each from the DW and WW Facebook pages, and from the big hop on Saturday...from each side of the pond!* That's a total of eight prize packages up for grabs! Here's what you could win:


Here is my post for today:


This card features the new Christmas Borders design, and I've paired it with the Oval Ornament stencil. The background was paste-embossed in silver. When dry, individual strips of colored foils were placed over the surface. The entire panel was placed between a folded sheet of printed paper, and run through a hot laminator to adhere the foil perfectly. The torn away pieces of the carrier still had the reverse of the images, which of course, could not be wasted. These were laminated onto the oval ornament panel. Some purple crystals were added, some white EK edged borders, and a ribbon bow, finished off this card.

Don't forget to leave me some holiday cheer as you move on to the other players for today:



Remember to follow along with the challenges on the Dream It Up! and Woodware UK blogs for more prize opportunities, and more crafty inspiration, as well as "liking" DW and WW on Facebook.
*Winners selected must be from USA/Canada/UK only.



11 comments:

Clarissa said...

I love the way you have used both stencils. Very pretty card.
Clarissa. X

Anonymous said...

Pam - I love the use of foils with this stencil!!

Lea said...

Very, very pretty! I've never used foils before but I don't have a hot laminator either. I love the way it looks on your card! Awesome!

Caroline D. said...

Lovely card and the foiling is so pretty!! I had to click on the link for the foil... curious minds want to know! LOL... and I've not used that kind... it is on my wish list now. I even have a heat laminator already so I gotta try it! thanks for sharing the technique!

Louise said...

Beautiful Pam! I love how you used the foil, very creative!

Lillian Child said...

That a lot of steps, but what a lovely creation! You can tell you love this craft!

Dorrie said...

Love the colours, the foiling, the stencil, and the asymetricalness (sure that is not a real word but you know what I mean)

Viki Banaszak said...

WOW! Beautiful!!!

scrappybetty said...

This card is incredible.Great way to use the reverse foil.

Laura Drahozal said...

I love how you overlaid and offset that ornament!

Terrece said...

Very creative. Would not have thought of the hot laminator. Wonder if a craft iron would work the same way?