Friday, August 31, 2012

A Sweet, Sweet Smile



As children are going back to school, and parents are doing the "happy dance" after dropping them off, I thought I'd give one last salute to summer with my "Sweetie Pop" card. This week's challenge at Woodware was to "send a smile". Yep. This covers that base. Who can't smile at a ice pop treat? One of the challenges over at Split Coast Stampers was to post a summer treat theme...yeah, I got that one, too. And finally, another challenge at Split Coast Stampers (and I've got to wonder if they are on the same calendar as Woodware), is to create a card that makes you smile. Feeling pretty smug now.

I created this with the Stampendous Cling Ice Pop image, which I paper-pieced in strawberry, blue-raspberry, and lime flav...uh, I mean...colors. I used an embossed lime cardstock card, a crimped panel of polka dot paper, and a couple of stamped (Stampendous Perfectly Clear Hey There Cupcake) lolly sticks to back up my treat dude. To add to the icy feel, I added a couple of dew drops.

If you haven't already, head over to the Woodware UK blog to check out the links to all of this week's smiles. Remember you can purchase all of the products linked at your local store listed on the Woodware UK site, or in the US, you can purchase the Stampendous products from their website.


1 comment: