Thursday, September 15, 2011
Dream Team-mate, Lee, challenged us to use this colorway of lime and gray. Great pop of color against the gray. I did throw in a bit of orange because of the bit in the patterned paper (Michael's Recollections line). Going with the leafy theme, I ran the Branch stencil through the Big Shot with this blue-gray cardstock. The embossed square was wrapped with this fabulous hemp cord (True Hemp Crafter's Cord) and layered over a large panel of the Mercart Aluminum, which was machine embossed with the Jungle Leaves stencil and sponged with alcohol inks. Then I added a strip of orange paper ink-stenciled with the Thanks sentiment.
Split Coast Stampers from last week (SCS349). This one is simpler...no metal on this one, and I used the ink transfer technique for the two squares. This is done by inking your stencil a shade or two darker than the original cardstock and running through your embossing machine with the cardstock, transferring the ink only on the background portion of the image. Kind of cool, huh? And sooooo easy! The sentiment was run through the machine with Core-dinations cardstock and then sanded to reveal the word. I really enjoyed this challenge, and I really think you will, too! Visit the rest of the team (listed at right) for more inspiration, and play along with us! Just link to the Dream It Up! blog using the Mr. Linky widget.
- ► 2016 (70)
- ► 2015 (174)
- ► 2014 (149)
- ► 2013 (127)
- ► 2012 (173)
- Sketch Challenge #10 with Dreamweaver Stencils
- SCS351 Maple Branch Triptych
- Stampendous Saturday Goes Merry and Bright!
- Something New is Brewing
- Happy Fall Y'All!
- Another Challenge with SCS...in Color!
- Keeping it Clean...and Simple!
- These Boots are Made for Sparkling!
- Stampendous Saturday Goes Fun and Freaky
- OH HAPPY DAY...WITH A CHERRY ON TOP!
- Lime and Gray Colorway and a Bonus
- Playing Along with Split Coast Stampers CAS135
- Stampendous Saturday and Challenge Reminder!
- A HOLIDAY CARD NO ONE CAN RESIST!
- HOP ACROSS THE POND AND BACK...WINNERS!!!!
- GOT CHALLENGES? STAMPENDOUS DOES!
- Hop Across the "Pond" and Back with Dreamweaver St...
- Hop Across the Pond and Back with Dreamweaver Sten...
- A Stampendous Blog Candy Reminder!
- ▼ September (19)
- ► 2010 (169)