Lizzie Anne Designs Team Challenge for this month, was to choose a project posted to the Sketchbook by another designer, and CASE it (Copy And Share Everything), with some change up. The first card was CASE'd from a fantastic card by Wendy Price, using one of the Little Bits sets called, "In the Parlor". Click HERE for the link to her version. For mine, I used the new set, "Teens and Tweens", kept the same color scheme and layout. The guitar was stamped and embossed in white repeatedly across the black panel. I added glitter pink brads between images instead of the rhinestones that Wendy chose. "You Rock" was more suited to the guitars, but I still lined up a row of bling underneath, and added a ribbon tie.
Joslyn Neilson, which you can find HERE. You've heard me rave about Joslyn before...I love her clean and simple style. Always pretty with a sense of whimsy. My version of her card uses the "Garden Inspirations" Little Bits set and the Simply Single "Grow With Love". Joslyn had paper-pieced the trees (from the "Good to be Queen" set) on her card which I chose to skip as the flower images are tiny, so I just colored them to match colors in my background paper. The layout is the same. I did color and cut out one flower and adhered the button and bow to it. Joslyn's card was created with a simple kraft card, which I only had enough of for a panel to adhere to the front of the aqua card that I chose. All in all I was quite pleased with the effect, and it really wasn't painful at all to keep it simple and leave some breathing space. This was really a fun challenge this month, as it, along with the blog I wrote on the LAD site, allowed me to pay homage to some of my favorite team members. Thanks to Wendy and Joslyn for the inspiration...hope you're flattered!
Lizzie Anne Designs "Tweens and Teens"
Stampendous White (EP100) and Black (EP111) Embossing Powders
Bazzill Criss Cross Bubblegum cardstock
black linen cardstock
Better With Love Card:
Lizzie Anne Designs "Garden Inspirations" set and "Grow With Love" single
Tuxedo Black Memento
Copic Markers-FBG2, Y11, Y38
October Afternoon paper
kraft, white cardstock
EK Edger punch
ribbon, twine, button
Friday, February 18, 2011
- ► 2016 (70)
- ► 2015 (174)
- ► 2014 (149)
- ► 2013 (127)
- ► 2012 (173)
- iPhone Inserts by the Pampered Stamper!
- Beatnik Jugs...Can You Dig, Man?
- Dreamweaver Sketch #3-Leaf Motif Tiles Card
- The Cure For the Winter Blahs!
- DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A STAMPENDOUS BLOG...
- CASE-ing is the Sincerest Form of Flattery!
- Virtual Valentine Blog Hop Winners!
- Thursday Dream Schemes-Cocky With Kitsch!
- The Key to Happiness
- "Love, Love, Love...I Want Your Love"! (Apologies ...
- Love for today, and Sneak Peeks for Tomorrow!
- Saturday Morning at the Paris Bistro!
- Monday the 14th-Virtual Valentine Blog Hop!
- Dream Schemes Colorway: Pink & Brown
- So Sweet...She Should Have Calories!
- Dreamweaver New CHA Releases to CROW About!
- A Stampendous Valentine Treat!
- Dream Schemes-Rainy Day Door (New Releases!)
- ▼ February (18)
- ► 2010 (169)