Woodware: Itty Bitty Shadow Box House

http://www.woodware.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/FB-Logo.jpg

Once again, the Woodware Team are playing along with the challenge over on the Mirror Crack’d blog. This time the theme is shadow boxes. Finally, I have the perfect time to use one of my hoarded wooden embelly boxes from Woodware. You know, the ones that tiny safety pins, or bells, or brad fasteners come in?

I painted mine with black acrylic paint, measured the "window" panes, and marked it out on a piece of Crafty Cardworks Time Flies 8" square paper pad. I inked in black and stamped the Stampendous Perfectly Clear Family Home image and sentiment, colored it with markers, and cut out to fit my little openings.

After adhering them inside, I used a ZIG Glue Pen to adhere Stampendous Color Fragments in Fresh Green, Powder Blue, and Canary. I used one of the flower pop outs from the Time Flies Essentials pack as a sun by coloring it yellow, bending the petals up, and adhering it inside. More Color Fragments were added inside of my little "sun". 

I happened to have one of the old Stampendous chipboard/clipboards which was the perfect size for my project, and provided the perfect way to give it more of a solid base. The clip was covered in Black StazOn ink, and heated to set the ink more permanently on the slick surface. A small Woodware Key Brad Fastener was also covered in  black ink, and adhered inside the shadow box.

The chipboard was covered in more of the Time Flies papers, with a matting of black cardstock. The shadow box was adhered on top, with little pop out flags tucked underneath. Finally, a scrap of the yummy cotton ribbon from Woodware was tied to the clip as the finishing touch. I just love the tiny cuteness of it! I still have three more of these little boxes saved for more tiny cuteness, or something more artsy-fartsy!

Remember to visit the rest of the Woodware team as we each play with this challenge, and head over to the Mirror Crack'd blog for more great ideas!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woodware: Let's Hear it for the Boys!

Woodware Sketch 52: Pretty Pretty, Pretty Much!

House Mouse Designs® with Friends Across the "Pond"