Friday, September 17, 2010

Mojo154-Argyle Snowman Card

Haven't been able to play with the Mojo Monday challenges for a while, so since I had a bit of time last night, I thought I could "quickly" create something for their sketch this week. Took me a couple of hours, but I was having so much fun that I didn't want to stop. This challenge gives the opportunity to use up some scraps that you have laying around. I love this argyle paper...only wish that I had bought more of it. The image is part of a Perfectly Clear set from Stampendous. I stamped the snow-guy on vellum and used Copics to color from behind, leaving just a hint of color and shading. I paper pieced his hat and scarf and added an oversize pompom to his hat. The layers in the background were created using more of the argyle paper, some MME paper I've had forever, and some vellum...all of which I attacked with one of my Fiskar border punches. Finally I dug through my huge tin of buttons to create an extra border.
Pam

Perfectly Clear "Snowman Flurry" from Stampendous (SSC1101)
Rich Cocoa Memento ink from Tsukineko
Copic Sketch Markers from Imagination, Int.
Bazzill blue-gray cardstock
vellum
WeR Memory Keepers and My Minds Eye prints
buttons, pompom
Fiskar border punch
double-sided foam adhesive

4 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

This is a fantastic card !!! I can believe you had lots of fun with it !!! It looks stunning, thanks for sharing !
Saw you on two peas....
Love the vellum idea very much !
have a great weekend,
greetings, martina
x

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Fabulous card Pam! I love the colors and the snowman stamped on vellum looks amazing. Love it!
:) Rachel

Jennifer Dove said...

Oh yummy...awesome card

StampendousGraphics said...

This is super, way too cute!!! I love these snowmen, EVEN after teaching them for 6 classes in 2 days at ScrapFest. They are a terrific set with great greetings...and your colors are so soothing and wintery! Great Job!