Monday, July 5, 2010

STMC13-Ranunculus Swirl Card

This week's Stampendous Saturday Sketch Challenge STMC13 coincided with the 4th of July weekend. In the spirit of freedom, our designer for the week, Jenn Dove, suggested a "free-for-all-anything-goes" challenge. Check out her design (it's gorgeous!) and those of our great team on their blogs as listed on the right. For rules regarding the challenge, go to the Stampendous Impressions site.
For this challenge, I decided to go back to the lovely Ranunculus stamps from Stampendous. Since I never can just leave them flat, this time I cut swirls, stems, and leaves of the extra stamped images and adhered them over the top using double-sided foam adhesive. I used one of my favorite color combos, lavender and moss (it just so happens that I have a bathroom in those colors as well), and where one ribbon would do, I had to do two! I love my ribbon. As a matter of fact, I had to buy two more ribbon organizers at Michael's this weekend to store it all!
Hope everyone had a relaxing, family-fun time over the weekend. God bless those past and present who have dedicated their lives to insure the freedom that we tend to take for granted.
Pam

Perfectly Clear "Ranunculus" from Stampendous (SSC1028)
Cling Ranunculus Field from Stampendous (CRR112)
Bamboo Leaves and Sweet Plum Memento ink from Tsukineko
Bazzill and Coredinations cardstock
ribbon (Michaels)
double-sided foam adhesive

No comments: