Thursday, May 21, 2015

Dreamweaver Thursday: Cheerful Cherries for the Picnic

Yep. These are cheerful cherries. They are soaked in a nice red blend wine, so they're really happy! Great in a wine spritzer, over ice cream, or by themselves! Before I drank any, I thought I'd better decorate the jar and write my post. Lol.

The muslin topper was ink-stenciled with the Dreamweaver Opto Checkerboard four times with Majestic Blue VersaFine™ ink from Tsukineko®, and heat set with my heat tool. It was tied over the lid with a bit of polyester batting for added fluff and puff. A stenciled tag with the year of the "harvest" was created with the Dreamweaver Dual Alphabet Die and Leafy Branch Die, along with a bright "cherry" red button.

The front label was created with the complete Dreamweaver Cherries stencil design. The center was taped off while I stenciled the checkerboard around the edge. Then the outside border was taped off while I did the inside design. As this was a bit trickier to mask off, I used the Picasso tool to block areas while I inked the cherries separate from the leaves and branch with Satin Red and Mossy Green VersaFine. Then I placed the Dreamweaver Faux Cross Stitch Screen over the surface on the diagonal, and inked through it with Sepia VersaFine. I highly recommend that you purchase a good set of stencil brushes for projects like this. My favorites are the Dreamweaver ones in several sizes including the largest, and several small ones.

This was layered over red cardstock, and adhered to a wrap of blue burlap. Pretty cute, huh? I think this would be great at the Stampendous Picnic along with the piles of yummies, and the ants might have a harder time taking over the picnic. Hicc. Upp.

Here's the lineup for our Dreamweaver Thursday, but be sure to also visit the Picnic post on the Stampendous blog as well:





6 comments:

Lyn Bernatovich said...

What a wonderful project Pam! Glad I read everything as there is a lot of great info on Dreamweaver stencils used. I wouldn't have guessed the checked cover was a stencil! So cute and so you!

Dee said...

The tag, label and wine soaked cherries are beautiful and great reminders of summer and the many uses for stencils (and cherries)! YUM!

Viki Banaszak said...

This looks fabulous and so delicious!

Kristine Reynolds said...

What a wonderful gift idea!

Stampendous said...

Beautiful and yumm-o! This is just a fantastic project, Pam, with all the stenciling techniques. You are a wealth of stencil knowledge! Thank you for sharing today!

Louise said...

Love this! Funny we both used Faux Cross-stitch!