Dreamweaver Stencils: Get Ready for the Holidays!
Here's my holiday inspiration for this week:
Tall Poinsettia, and how perfect it is for doing the Double-glitter Technique. I used a diagonally-cut tip from a drinking straw as my scoop to place my colors of Stampendous Micro Glitter where I wanted them. Need a reminder of the technique? Here are the steps:
1. Cut a piece of Double-sided Mounting Paper the size of the cardstock panel you wish to use. Remove the liner from one side, and adhere it to the panel. Smooth it firmly over the surface.
2. Rub Hawaiian Soap over back side of stencil, and use a soft brush to remove excess.
3. Carefully, peel away the second liner, never allowing your fingers to touch the adhesive. Using a portion that you've torn off previously to hold in place while you pull the liner away is a perfect way to keep the oils from your fingers from ruining the adhesive.
4. Place the stencil, soap-side-down, on top of the adhesive, using the liner pieces to press into the surface.
5. With a straw tip or tiny scoop, place glitter colors on the poinsettia design. Use your finger to rub glitter into the surface for thorough coverage. When finished with the colors (Red, Pink, Green), use your soft brush to remove any excess glitter on the top and the back.
6. Now, place the panel stencil-side-down on worktable, and pull the panel away from the stencil. This keeps the stencil flat to protect it from bending.
7. Pour your background color (Multi-crystal Micro glitter) over panel. Rub in with finger. Brush away excess and save. Your double-glitter panel is now complete!
For my card, I added a pink panel of Bazzill cardstock which I used the new Dreamweaver Holiday Borders Embossing Folder, which will be available shortly, to emboss the design. Once embossed, I brushed pink Brilliance ink over the surface for extra sheen and emphasize the design. And yep, a beautiful May Arts crinkle ribbon knot to finish it off.
Of course, we have our monthly challenge for you to play along, so post your own holiday creations, and use the Inlinkz tool on the Dream It Up! blog, for a chance to win the prize at the end of the month. We also have our fabulous Guest Designer for the month of September, Wendy Price! Here's the list of our "A" Team with their links for the week: