I've had kind of a fixation lately with working with the positive and the negative of images, and this new image from Gourmet Rubber Stamps worked perfectly for this process. I stamped the music score from the Lizzie Anne Designs "Good to Be Queen" set with Rich Cocoa Memento ink once over the the one ivory panel, and repeatedly over the second ivory panel. Then after wiping the surface of each with some talcum powder (preventing the EP from adhering other than where I want it), I stamped the angel, from the new GRS "Season's Greetings" Diner's Club set, on the multi-stamped-music panel in Versamark and embossed with Stampee Bonding Powder. I heat this slightly before placing a panel of Stampee Gold Foil over the top, face up. Placing this layered panel between a folded sheet of printer paper, I then ran this through my heat laminator for a perfect cover of foiling on the angel image. When removing the carrier, you could see the angel within. This was used for the second card. For this one, I inked the other ivory panel with the entire Versamark pad just once centered on the panel. This was embossed with the same bonding powder before carefully placing that carrier sheet of foil over the top. This too, was run through the laminator to adhere the reverse portion of the image over the ivory panel. Pretty cool, huh? The remainder of both cards is fairly self-explanatory and simple to reproduce...adding this great sentiment from the GRS (LAD) "Season's Greetings" set and a few rhinestone accents. This technique works the best when you have a fairly solid, recognizable shape, and can even be done with a sentiment if the lines are fairly bold.
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
- ► 2016 (70)
- ► 2015 (174)
- ► 2014 (149)
- ► 2013 (127)
- ► 2012 (173)
- Blog Candy Winner and Wisemen Lantern
- It's the Holiday Season...FUR Real!
- Skip the Mall...Shop the GRS Site!
- Simply Thankful
- Ho Ho Ho and a Cup O' Joe!
- I'll Have a Blue Christmas Without You
- The Chipboard Challenge Continues...
- DW Sketch #12-Thinking Upside-Down
- Would You Be Looking for Woodware?
- GRS is Cooking Up Some Fall Challenge Fun!
- Going Traditional with Woodware UK...Maybe...
- 'Tis the Season to be Encrusted!
- Dreaming Ornate and Gorgeous!
- Positively Angelic!
- CAS143 Peace on Earth
- Homey and Sweet
- Feeling "Chipper"?
- A Simple Snow Globe
- GRS Halloween Hop Winner!
- Want to Join the Dream Team?
- Colorway Challenge With a Slight Cheat
- ▼ November (21)
- ► 2010 (169)