Today is my day on the revolving wheel of Woodware to post for this week's challenge...to Pick a Color and Stick With It! Obviously, I went with blue, and am still in holiday mode as I need a few more cards to complete my card list for this year. This card features the Dreamweaver Stencils' Oval Ornament and Kaleidoscope which layered together to create the ornament shape with the Kaleidoscope pattern. I taped the Kaleidoscope stencil under the Oval Ornament stencil before taping them both down on my textured cardstock with removable tape. With a "sludge mix" of Glossy Blue and Regular White Embossing Pastes, I spread the color over the stencil, removed the excess, and set the panel aside to dry after removing the stencil. Be sure to clean the stencils right away with a little warm water and a nail brush. While the paste was still wet, I poured Stampendous Midnight Blue Glitter from the Holiday Tinsel Glitter Kit over the pasted image. The paste takes around thirty minutes to dry (about half that if you place it on an electric griddle set on low). Meanwhile, the card was formed from medium blue cardstock, with a panel of patterned paper which mimics the Kaleidoscope design rather well. To emphasize this, I stenciled the pattern onto the panel using the deep blue shade from the ColorBox Chalk Ink "Chocolate and Blueberries" set. The pasted panel was adhered to the card, a Stampendous Star Greetings sentiment was added, along with a sheer ribbon bow, and a Dreamweaver Stencils' Embellishment Pin coated with the same deep blue ink inserted through. (Be careful to ensure the pin point is tucked under the layers of paper.) If you haven't been to the Woodware UK blog yet, check it out, and while you are there, follow the links to the rest of the team of Woodware wonders as they complete this challenge in their own unique and colorful way.
Sunday, November 20, 2011
- ► 2012 (173)
- Blog Candy Winner and Wisemen Lantern
- It's the Holiday Season...FUR Real!
- Skip the Mall...Shop the GRS Site!
- Simply Thankful
- Ho Ho Ho and a Cup O' Joe!
- I'll Have a Blue Christmas Without You
- The Chipboard Challenge Continues...
- DW Sketch #12-Thinking Upside-Down
- Would You Be Looking for Woodware?
- GRS is Cooking Up Some Fall Challenge Fun!
- Going Traditional with Woodware UK...Maybe...
- 'Tis the Season to be Encrusted!
- Dreaming Ornate and Gorgeous!
- Positively Angelic!
- CAS143 Peace on Earth
- Homey and Sweet
- Feeling "Chipper"?
- A Simple Snow Globe
- GRS Halloween Hop Winner!
- Want to Join the Dream Team?
- Colorway Challenge With a Slight Cheat
- ▼ November (21)
- ► 2010 (169)