I'm a SUCKER for SEERSUCKER!
Another fun free theme this week for Dreamweaver Dream Schemes Thursday! This week I'm featuring my fave Father's Day card created with the new Tie stencil and the Stripes/Plaid stencil. I used another variation of the Ink Transfer Technique to create this "seersucker" look. For the background and the panel that the tie was cut from, here are the steps:
1. Place your platform for your Big Shot (or other machine) as suggested for embossing dies.
2. Ink stencil with Pastel Lime ink and place face up on platform with stripes vertical with machine.
3. Place cardstock panel face down on inked stencil.
4. Place piece of scrap paper over panel to protect rubber mat.
5. Yep. Rubber embossing mat goes down next.
6. Place TWO clear plattens on top. This will protect your stencil from warping and bending.
7. Run through machine.
8. Clean stencil.
9. Repeat process inking with Prussian Blue ink. Place cardstock panel opposite 90 degrees on stencil. Keep stencil vertical with machine as before.
11. Run through once again. Ta dah. You now have plaid seersucker. How cool is that?
The green panel was run through the machine with the tie stencil to emboss the pattern. Trace and cut out the tie components from your seersucker panels at a diagonal. I added these fun "button" brads for the collar buttons and a glitter brad for the "tie tac". The same inks were used to stencil the sentiment from the Birthday Words stencil. Simple enough to create one for hubby, one for dad, and one for grandpa...or even as a birthday card for one of the above. Play along with us this week. Visit the rest of the Dream Team as well as the Dream It Up! blog. If you have any questions for any of us or think we are fabulous, leave us a message. We will be happy to reply.
LG704 Birthday Words
Pastel Lime and Prussian Blue ColorBox Chalk ink from Clearsnap
glitter brad, button brads
double-sided foam adhesive